I have a Sprint 8330 and i'e been trying to upgrade to OS: v4.5.0.89 for the past 2 days and for some reason nothing works.

I've installed and uninstalled and reinstalled DM 4.6 and 4.7. and uninstalled and reinstalled the OS 4.5 over and over again and nothing happens when i plug in my blackberry. It just says that there's nothing to upgrade.

I've modified the install of the DM.

Can someone please help me.
    12-27-08 01:19 PM
    Did you delete the vendor xlm file? It won't see the upgrade if you haven't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 01:21 PM
    To upgrade your OS you should get 3 things downloaded and installed.
    This link http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/ will help answer any questions about the upgrade process.
    Last edited by Pete6; 12-27-08 at 01:25 PM.
    12-27-08 01:23 PM
    You will find it here: Delete the vendor.xml file (C:\Program Files

\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader)

You can also download and use crackmem, read the helpfile. It will delete the vendor file and lead you through your upgrade.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/

12-27-08 01:29 PM
    Obviously I was putting together the info for yoi while old Pete was posting. Haha, if you have the right OS and DM, you can proceed to install.

12-27-08 01:32 PM
    Ive been having the same problem i delete the vendor file and nothin ive tried 4 different dm and nothin i would appreciate the help. dont know if this helps but im using vista
    12-27-08 03:35 PM
    DM sometimes won't find the update. Just launch apploader and it will find it that way.....
    12-27-08 03:53 PM
    was there a reason why your using 4.5.0.89 instead of 4.5.0.97
    12-27-08 03:55 PM
    cause i uses dm4.3 and installed os 4.5.0.97 on my 8330 with no problem all i did was delete the vendor xml file and the 4.3 dm found it
    12-27-08 03:56 PM
    i went to the app loader and still nothin. also where can i find 4.5.97. i tried the steps in the sticky and still nothin.
    12-27-08 04:13 PM
    Have you tried Crackmem like Pete6 said?
    12-27-08 04:15 PM
    Well app loader is not going to find a new OS unless you have it installed..... Try Google Berry Review. They seem to have all the Beta OS's.

And remember no links to e posted here.
    12-27-08 04:21 PM
    ok. so here is what i did. i installed dm restarted the pc then installed the os removed the vendor file and restarted his pc. i started dm then connected my phone. didnt prompt ugrade so i go to app loader nothin then i go to upgrade and nothin. any help would be appreciated...

side note i didnt find the 4.5.0.97 a link would be helpful. thanks
    12-27-08 04:28 PM
    google it and make sure you get the right os for you phone model
    12-27-08 04:33 PM
    ok im downloadin .97 now what dm should i use and what do i install first the dm or the os. cuz ive tried all different combinations and to no avail.
    12-27-08 04:36 PM
    Ok, Install the newest DM, then once that is all installed right then open the download for the OS .97 and go through the install YOU MUST INSTALL IT ON YOU PC, once that is done, go in a delete the vendor.xml file, where elelant said it was. Then open the DM and if it doesn't pop up click the app loader, if still nothing go though crackmem.

Good luck.
    12-27-08 04:42 PM
    ok i did notice something after the 20th time of trying this. if i dont delete the vendor file dm shows an update but if i delete it dm shows no update. what would happen if i keep the vendor file?
    12-27-08 05:35 PM
    usually with keeping the vendor file it wont show up in the DM, and it can cause a number of other errors and such from what I've heard.

If you use the OS from Sprint (Don't know if it's out yet, but just an example) then you don't need to delete it.

Edit: But Crackmem should do the trick.
    12-27-08 05:39 PM
    no update for sprint yet. so should i just use the crackmem cuz i cant find any other way. also would vista mess this up
    12-27-08 05:43 PM
    I've upgraded on vista just fine, but vista is weird sometimes, but I'd just give crackmem a try and see how it goes.

Goodluck
    12-27-08 05:46 PM
    im not new to the blackberry process. and im work fairly well with computers. But for some reason when i tried to load .89 my computer froze during the loading of the jvm files. I bricked the phone. Tried the whole battery pull reload... computer froze. got new phone reloaded everything. backed my software up. tried to reload software and comp froze.running xp. And yes I deleted the vendor file. Please help.
    12-27-08 05:46 PM
    im not new to the blackberry process. and im work fairly well with computers. But for some reason when i tried to load .89 my computer froze during the loading of the jvm files. I bricked the phone. Tried the whole battery pull reload... computer froze. got new phone reloaded everything. backed my software up. tried to reload software and comp froze.running xp. And yes I deleted the vendor file. Please help.
    Ok, let me see if I understand this, You tried to load .89 to you phone, didn't work and you bricked your phone, then you got a new phone, tried it again and it did the same thing?

That could be a bad download, I was trying to download a beta a long time ago and it was a bad download.

Also, make sure the OS is the correct OS for the model of you phone. (Sure you did, just have to say it. )

It the phone is dead now, try the "how to recover a dead berry" link in my sig, if you try it a few times and still have the same problem, I'd uninstall the OS through your add and remove programs, then download a different OS or you original and give it a go.

Hope it helps.
    12-27-08 05:52 PM
    i downloaded dm and the update from blackberrys website. on the second phone i just tried to reload my memory from the bricked phone and it froze while reloading but did not brick. so should i download from somewhere else? Should I try .91 or just see if i can back up first.
    12-27-08 05:54 PM
    and i actually tried ur dead blackberry thing 3 times on this curve and didnt work. did work on my storm when my power went off
    12-27-08 05:55 PM
    Hmm.. You may try uninstalling the DM and re-downloading and installing it. I've never had the DM freeze on me, so I'm not sure what to tell you, but If the reload didn't work from the recovering a dead berry, you may want to try a different OS. (This is what I had to do. When I had the beta that wouldn't install)
    12-27-08 06:01 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD