I installed Desktop Manager 4.6 as instructed by T-Mobile website and running OS 4.5.0.81 on my 8320. When I try to synchronize my Blackberry I get to the part where I can choose between Oulook, Outlook Express, Yahoo and ASCII. When I click on Outlook and choose ok, I get an error message "a session of that type has not been started"
    What must I do to remove this error message and synchronize with Outlook? I receive the same error message with Calendar and Tasks. When I click on Outlook Express or Yahoo, it works fine and I see the arrows asking me how I want to synchronize. I have Office 2003 installed on my computer. Thanks.
    05-10-09 06:55 AM
    When your trying to sync do you have outlook open?
    05-10-09 07:38 AM
    I have tried with Outlook open and closed with same result. I get the error message
    05-10-09 08:07 AM
    make sure synchronize organized data is checked right next to the syncronize button, not by the configuration
    05-10-09 08:19 AM
    Just a thought. The account your trying to sync, is it set as the default? Go to options/advanced options/default services and see if the Calender (CICAL) is set to the account your want.
    05-10-09 08:36 AM
    the account showing in default services (calendar and messaging) are my four gmail email accounts and one tmobile email account. How does that fit in with trying to synch with Outlook 2003?
    05-11-09 03:39 AM
    There should be one of them that is set to default. Your saying it works if you use outlook express. What happens if you proceed with the express setting?
    05-11-09 06:49 AM
    the default email account on BB is the same as the default account on Outlook 2003. When I synchronize with Outlook Express it works perfectly and am able to transfer addresses to Outlook Express. I still get the same error message when I try with Oulook (A session of that type has not been started).
    05-11-09 07:09 PM
    Other than uninstalling DM and reinstalling it I have no idea. I'm stumped. For some reason it thinks you have outlook express.
    05-11-09 07:13 PM
    I still have Outlook Express installed on my laptop but don't use it anymore so DM is correct in asking me if I want to synchronize Outlook Express. I will try to reinstall DM and go from 4.6 to 4.7 as this is the version I have on my desktop and I can synch with Outlook there. Thanks for the help.
    05-12-09 04:43 AM
    Ok you have outlook express and outlook installed on your pc. 4.7 might be able to tell the difference. 4.7 has been known to have some issues from time to time with devices other than the newer devices. Me, I would uninstall outlook express and see if 4.6 works now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 06:53 AM
    Was there a resolution to this. By chance, I stumbled upon this with the same exact problem and error message. I've spent too much of my life on this sync problem. Desperate.
    08-06-10 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD