I had my device replaced after it was defective and got a new one. I wiped the device manager off of my computer and downloaded the 5.0 version and then tried to synch my device but it keeps saying the computer needs to be connected to the internet. Obviously if I'm typing this on the internet, my computer is connected, so what's making this come up all the time and preventing me from synching the device. Any help would be great, I know there are some really smart people out there...thanks...
    09-29-09 11:26 PM
    i'm having the same issue as well and searching all over the forms here and have yet to find a solution to correct this issue.
    09-30-09 12:38 AM
    Lots have been having issues with the 5.0 version...downgrade to 4.7 & see if that remedies your issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 01:36 AM
    will give that a shot...it's weird though, 5.0 worked fine with my first device...will let you know what happens...thanks again
    09-30-09 08:11 AM
    I too am having a similar issue. I just received a refurbished replacement phone from Sprint. I backed up the data from my old phone thru DM, now when I connect my new phone, DM doesnt recognize it. Device connected reads None. So then I unplug it and plug my old phone in and DM instantly recognizes that pin. UnPlug old and Plug back in the replacement phone and it goes back to None! Since the battery charges, I assume the port is good on the phone, correct?
    My replacement phone is now activated, I set up everything up thinking that may be the issue, but its not. DM still doesnt recognize the new phone.
    09-30-09 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD