I am getting annoying errors. I signed up from traffic.com to get SMS traffic alerts. I get them, but 10 minutes later, I also get an error back in SMS. So I try to text a short code, "num:87232, msg:rdu" and it goes. 10 minutes later, I get an error msg back, same error as before:

"Your message to 87232 was not sent. Please use only ten digit mobile numbers"

I called Alltel and they say that SMS traffice must go through a blackberry server and RIM does not allow sending to short codes! This sounds ridiculous. Does anyone else know how to fix this?

-f
    03-06-09 11:56 AM
    flightrisk... When you signed up at traffic.com did you enter your area code along with the rest of your number?
    03-06-09 12:04 PM
    Yes, I did, area code and number. So when they send me something, I get an error msg 10 mins later as if I was trying to send an SMS! Very strange. Also, just trying to SMS to a short code will give me that number apparently. I need to find some other short codes to try and SMS to and see if they are all disabled and who is responsible.
    03-06-09 12:58 PM
    A short code sms is used to connect with employees/customers who are on the move, get customer feedback, an enquiry or a service request. Some service providers like the Valuefirst short code sms services[/URL] help to engage your consumer with SMS polls, contests and more!

Check out the website:
    bit.ly/jxaQg
    08-07-09 04:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD