When I go to Ring Profiles. All my Phone options have Two(2)
    Phone [Unknown Callers]
    Phone [Unknown Callers]
    There is no setting for [Known Caller] or [Caller ID]

I tried searching guys..... and also did a battery pull.
    I have a 8300 with v4.2.2.166 (Platform 2.4.0.73)

Please help.....I cannot set separate ringtones for unknown and known callers. I thought maybe it was a mistaken spelling but once I set one the other changes to the same ringtone automatically.
    This could not be normal...right??
    Weird
    Thanks
    Last edited by doctordane; 03-04-08 at 09:42 AM.
    03-04-08 01:47 AM
    You need to go to the address book. select who you want to set a ring tone for.... Edit. While in their contact info click the Menu key. There you will see Add Custom Phone Tune.
    03-04-08 02:11 AM
    I don't even know where that known/unknown menu is...
    03-04-08 02:11 AM
    Unknown numbers don't get any love over here. Could be president bush on the phone, **** I would never know because I wouldn't answer it. Actually I rarely answer my phone to begin with so nevermind.
    But I wish I could set different tones for known / unknown without setting one for each number individually.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-08 03:24 AM
    Thanks for the replies but are you guys saying that I can't set a general ringtone for all [known callers]??? I have to set a ring tone for each individual in my address book. That would be a first for any phone I have ever owned! That's crazy.
    I was in love with my Curve up until this point....
    Last edited by doctordane; 03-04-08 at 09:36 AM.
    03-04-08 09:33 AM
    well even i am stumped...

-db
    03-04-08 10:23 AM
    Maybe it would help if you told us how you arrived at the unknown/known screen.
    03-04-08 12:03 PM
    on the profile that's active, the tone you select there will be the default for every caller that doesnt have a specific ringtone for them
    03-04-08 05:18 PM
    Then why have 2 of the exact same selections?
    You get to this section by selecting the Speaker icon...scroll to Advanced and select..Menu(Blackberry Button)....Edit.....See the 2 Phone [Unknown Number] selections. Whatever options you choose on one, it also sets the other to the same....
    That's gotta be a software issue....doesn't make sense. One of them should be [Known Callers] [Caller ID Callers] etc.
    03-05-08 12:14 AM
    i dont get those options on my bb
    03-05-08 12:18 AM
    You have a really odd carrier I think. I have way more options in my profiles for setting notifications. But I do not have any options for known or unknown callers.
    03-05-08 12:21 AM
    Ok guys, Thanks anyway. By the way I'm in the Caribbean. Cable and Wireless is one of the big Carriers down here..... also in UK and Europe
    03-05-08 12:29 AM
    I have never seen an option in sound profiles for either known or unknown

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-08 01:10 AM
    also, i have not seen known or unknown. But i have icall manager, so i just blacklist all unknown callers. LOL
    03-05-08 01:15 AM
    Hi there,

the second Phone [Unknown Caller] would be your known callers instead.

you can set your ringtone there for both in and out of holster.

Hope it works.

cheers,
    ~CB
    10-06-09 04:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD