I'm a newbie to BB and have an 8330. Today I received an email but when I tried to reply it won't go through. Now I try to send any out and they won't go through. Sent new service book...pull the battery....but nothing. Any ideas?
    05-25-09 02:32 PM
    Try going in to email settings and resend from there. Can you send though outlook or from the providers website?
    05-25-09 02:33 PM
    What about your Host Routing Tables?
    (Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Tables > press the BB/menu button > Register Now.) Have you tried that?
    05-25-09 02:33 PM
    sent from provider and it's fine, just did the register now and sent a new email but it didn't go through.
    05-25-09 02:46 PM
    I would do one more battery pull, if this does not work then I would say you call your carrier.
    05-25-09 02:49 PM
    will do, but before I do, should the phone be off before I do the pull?
    05-25-09 02:55 PM
    will do, but before I do, should the phone be off before I do the pull?
    No. Make sure the phone is on.
    05-25-09 02:57 PM
    thanks for the help, but it still won't send. I'll call my carrier tomorrow.
    05-25-09 03:06 PM
    One other thing you can try. go to options>advanced options> service books. Delete the service book that is attached to the email address. Then resend them from the BIS site. This will give you a good clean service book, incase the one there now is too corrupted to overwrite
    Last edited by lastraid; 05-25-09 at 05:30 PM.
    05-25-09 04:11 PM
    hate too be dumb, but what is the BIS site?
    05-25-09 05:19 PM
    hate too be dumb, but what is the BIS site?
    This is your carrier's BIS site.

You can do mainly the same things there that you can from personal email set up on the device, but I think there are a few more things you can do like switching devices and changing your signature and adding filters, etc.
    05-25-09 05:21 PM
    Thanks....tried it, but still no luck. Can receive all day but no go on sending.
    you all are great and so is this site!!!
    05-25-09 05:33 PM
    well, this morning one of my two email accounts was working fine, however, my work email I could still receive but not send. I went to the Sprint store and the tech told me to delete the account and start all over. I did. Thought it worked but it still is not working. I guess I'll call tech support and see what they have to say. Just thought I'd update.
    05-26-09 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD