I have a Verizon 8330 that is less than 24 hours old. I set it up yesterday including Enterprise Activation for our BES and I also set up my personal Comcast account (BIS). Everything seemed to be working fine.

Last night, I tried to send an email and it failed (red X in message list.) Open the failed message and it says:

"Message Status: Desktop Email program unable to submit message"

In all my troubleshooting, I determined that I could not send email from my work account (BES), but could send email from my Comcast account (BIS). My company deals with Movero as our wireless integrator, and I spent several hours on the phone with support.

We tried checking all the settings, deleting the Desktop service books and resending them from the BES, and everything else up to and including a full device wipe, removal of my account from the BES, and starting all over again.

Once the device was wiped and booted back up, I performed the setup wizard including the Enterprise Activation. When ready, I tried to send an email and got the exact same problem!

I'm at wits end, and have no idea what else to do. I'm waiting for a call back from Movero, and decided to post about it here for a fresh set of ideas, if any.
    03-20-09 02:57 PM
    Resend your service books.. and re-register your host routing tables and then do a batter pull.
    03-20-09 03:03 PM
    We'd done all that, including the battery pull. (Took me a moment to figure out what a batter pull was... sounds like something in baseball.)

Anyway, might have figured it out. Looks like my user account in active directory was missing the "send as" permission needed. Added it and waiting for it to replicate to the various DCs and I'll try again.
    03-20-09 03:45 PM
    if it doesnt work just take it back get a brand new one
    03-20-09 03:59 PM
    Seems like it was the permissions in AD afterall. Once it propogated to the domain controllers, I was able to email.
    03-20-09 10:00 PM
    Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) is down until 3am EST. Should work in the am.
    03-21-09 01:23 AM
    The problem was BES, not BIS. That's good info though, thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 02:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD