OK, I have a question.
    I've searched the threads and haven't found anyone with the same exact issue I'm having.
    I know chances are I might get the same response as all the others, but here I go:

I have a 8330 from Sprint fully flashed to Metro PCS [web/SMS/talk/MMS] but my problem lies with the MMS and a few things concerning connection issues.

I can get on the internet just fine. Go to bunches of web pages and all that, But when I go to use a third party application [Gmail, IM+, Google Maps, etc.] I get a connection error:
    [Example - Gmail error]

"This program requires a working data connection. please check your signal strength and connection setting and then restart the application."

Sounds self explanatory but the internet works fine, I can download apps and all that, but for some reason they random ones still wont work.

Onto my MMS issue:
    I can receive the picture messages fine. I get them in the inbox and all that but when I open them it's just a screen with it saying "*** Not received yet ***" and when I hit "receive now" it just says "receiving content" and then says "could not receive message content, try again later."

Chances are I know these two problems must be connected, but i just got the thing flashed and some things just aren't working. The company that flashed it are a pretty up and up company, so i don't think they would lie to me concerning what was going on with my phone.

If any of you guys have any types of solutions concerning this problem, I'd love to hear them. It's driving me crazy.

Thanks.
    Last edited by winklebottom; 07-15-09 at 01:09 AM.
    07-14-09 11:51 PM
    no one on this forum can help you. please visit howardforums.com and hit the metropcs forum. they have an entire section on flashing blackberrys to metropcs.
    07-15-09 12:40 PM
    no one on this forum can help you. please visit howardforums.com and hit the metropcs forum. they have an entire section on flashing blackberrys to metropcs.
    And you know this because??

To the op: have you tried to wipe the device and do a fresh os install?
    07-15-09 12:51 PM
    i know this because i am a telephone switch technician, and i buy/sell/flash phones daily.

do what i told you to do and visit hofo or take your phone back to whoever flashed it. your mms service books are screwed up or you may need new ones.
    07-15-09 12:55 PM
    i know this because i am a telephone switch technician, and i buy/sell/flash phones daily.

do what i told you to do and visit hofo or take your phone back to whoever flashed it. your mms service books are screwed up or you may need new ones.
    okay that doesn't mean it can't be fixed on here, but I'm glad to know that we have someone to answer for all of us
    07-15-09 12:56 PM
    you're welcome. visit howardforums metropcs forum and you'll completely understand. the entire forum is dedicated to flashing phones to metroPCS and repairing half flashes.
    07-15-09 01:02 PM
    I did post it on Howard, but no one responded.

I may just have to take it back to the guys that did it, but i thought maybe some of you could give me some insight.

Thanks anyway guys, especially jackie treehorn :]
    07-15-09 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD