Well my old housing was getting beat up, so I decided to get a new one off of ebay... When I put it together, it doesn't seem to match up correctly or something... on the right and left it doesn't seem to fit together... Should I just buy another enclosure?
    01-05-09 04:37 PM
    Where did you buy the replacement?
    01-05-09 04:40 PM
    They should all snap together without much hassle, make sure you have everything lined up correctly, and that the rails are in proper position. I have 8 housings and change regularly, it will fit your phone unless you have not positioned it correctly.
    01-05-09 04:42 PM
    Well it all snaps together, but seems to take a huge amount of force... could it be possible I bent the metal piece that goes around the screen?
    01-05-09 04:43 PM
    They should all snap together without much hassle, make sure you have everything lined up correctly, and that the rails are in proper position. I have 8 housings and change regularly, it will fit your phone unless you have not positioned it correctly.
    Wow are you brave......I am to chicken to change the housing, and you have 8 different ones! Nice!
    01-05-09 04:45 PM
    And also, the new housing I bought was missing all the foam pieces that used to be over the camera area, the mesh that was over the speaker, etc. And also the speaker has lots of static and seems quieter... I don't know what I did wrong, but could someone reccomend a good full housing to buy?
    01-05-09 04:48 PM
    The housing I bought off of eBay was missing the foam too. I just used the faceplate, back cover, and bottom clip and the rest is original. Mine fit perfectly.
    01-05-09 04:57 PM
    The housing I bought off of eBay was missing the foam too. I just used the faceplate, back cover, and bottom clip and the rest is original. Mine fit perfectly.
    I had to use a hairdryer to take off the antenna from the back and stick it on the new one... I probably did the entire thing wrong lol.

Could someone link to an ebay auction to buy like an entire housing? I think I need everything except for the PCB...
    01-05-09 05:02 PM
    .........bump!
    01-06-09 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD