wow, i feel lame.

I cant get my trackball unit to get back together...

I saw the tutorials on youtube and all, but i was wondering if anyone had any kind of "tricks" that will help.

I am just having a problem putting the final white bottom part on.

Ive gotten everything together, the magnets in and all that, but for some reason, I cant get the last part on....

Help!
    02-27-09 05:52 PM
    The problem is usually the small metal tabs are slightly bent out of alignment, or you're trying to put the bottom piece on upside down. The spoon-shaped metal contact has a little dimple in the middle, the concave side faces the ball.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 06:08 PM
    Not trying to be negative, but you should have bought a spare trackball or two before you did this, for when things like this happen...
    02-27-09 06:12 PM
    Orient the top of the assembly as follows: with the assembly upside down, hold the top part so the sides with the two little tabs are at either side. Now orient the bottom piece so that the spoon-shaped metal contact is pointing down and the dimple is pointing out. The pieces should fit together now, if the metal tabs are straight up and can grab the tiny tabs on the last piece.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 06:14 PM
    I always use a tiny screwdriver to push on the metal tabs/prongs to get them to grab onto the last piece and to bend the small little mini tabs around the plastic parts.
    02-27-09 06:31 PM
    Not trying to be negative, but you should have bought a spare trackball or two before you did this, for when things like this happen...
    I have 3 trackballs thanks. I have one in my phone now but im trying to put one together that i just dyed....

And yes it is negative, it is things like what you said that discourage ppl from asking questions, I asked for help, not for ppl to judge my posts, when they dont know the whole situation
    Last edited by navywife0712; 02-27-09 at 06:44 PM.
    02-27-09 06:38 PM
    I always use a tiny screwdriver to push on the metal tabs/prongs to get them to grab onto the last piece and to bend the small little mini tabs around the plastic parts.
    ugh this is so frustrating, I still cant get it.

I dont know what the **** im doing wrong
    02-27-09 06:42 PM
    ugh this is so frustrating, I still cant get it.

I dont know what the **** im doing wrong
    You might not be doing anything wrong, i had one or two i just could not get to go back together...
    02-27-09 06:45 PM
    You might not be doing anything wrong, i had one or two i just could not get to go back together...
    My husband can usually do it when I have a problem, but he is out on his ship doing workups somewhere, so im alone and apparently helpless lol
    02-27-09 06:51 PM
    I understand, hope he can fix it for ya, at least you have others, ya know...
    02-27-09 06:59 PM
    I understand, hope he can fix it for ya, at least you have others, ya know...
    unfortunetly he wont be home for another week and a half... I dont want to play around with it too much, but I want the new trackball in my berry, I just dont what to do.
    02-27-09 07:06 PM
    What seems to be the problem? The metal tabs aren't grabbing the last piece, the last piece doesn't seem to fit? Try to be specific.
    02-27-09 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD