tried to upgrade my gfs phone but application loader wizard is telling me :"the blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device softwarefor the device that you have connected to the computer. contact your wireless service provider or system administrator"
    desktop manager doesnt detect the phone but bbsak did when i wiped it and now i cant load any os on it (4.5 or 5.0)
    someone please tell me how to fix this pin me 30e19e29 or email me at [email protected]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 08:02 AM
    If you're trying to load the leaked 5.0, you'll need to remove the vendor file in it.
    The how to is in the tutorial. Because it's a verizon leaked os, the desktop manager won't see it for your sprint phone.
    11-09-09 08:07 AM
    Well you can always wipe the phone as last resort.

Menu > Options > Security Options > General Settings > Menu > Wipe Handheld and follow the prompts from there.

I hope that you were able to do a backup of your GF's BlackBerry before you do this.
    11-09-09 08:42 AM
    Yeah I deleted the vendor xml and did everything I did when I put 5.0 on my phone. I also tried to reload 4.5 back on it and it gives me the same message. I did do a back up but its like dm isn't reading it, at the bottom where it says device connected or whatever where it shows your pin it says none but if I click on connection options I can click her pin from the drop down menu but it still says that there is no device connected. I tried connecting my phone and it detects mine and shows my pin. I'm going to delete dm when I get home from work and reinstall it hopefully it will detect it then. If anyone else has any other suggestions please don't hesitate

11-09-09 09:30 AM
    if she has an 8330m 5.0 wont load.
    11-09-09 09:38 AM
    Well you can always wipe the phone as last resort.

Menu > Options > Security Options > General Settings > Menu > Wipe Handheld and follow the prompts from there.

I hope that you were able to do a backup of your GF's BlackBerry before you do this.
    Mister.Mitch, would you please stop posting all around the forums that people should wipe their handhelds? Please? That's not the correct answer here. And that hasn't been the correct answer the vast majority of times that you have posted it.
    11-09-09 11:19 AM
    To the OP, it sounds like you don't have the PHONE OS installed to the computer. Did you install the 4.5 phone OS that you are trying to load onto the computer?
    11-09-09 11:20 AM
    Try this load procedure is so much easier for me.. It is a sticky on forum.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/lin...ovided-300314/
    11-09-09 11:28 AM
    Yeah I dl'd and installed the os on the computer, first the 5.0 os and then when that didn't work I uninstalled it from the computer and dl'd and installed the 4.5 os and it gave me the same message. Plunkingtom: that's the procedure I used when I did my phone and when I tried to do her phone. I forgot to add when I plug her phone into the computer it makes the "doop doop" sound but its kind of a funky one and when I plug my phone into the computer it makes the normal "doop doop" sound. I hope that makes sense

11-09-09 12:12 PM
    upgrade my gfs phone ... bbsak did when i wiped it and now i cant load any os on it (4.5 or 5.0)...
    Bad enough this happens when it's your own phone, but it gets a lot worse when it is somebody elses phone.... especially a gf.

The original error message means you do not have the correct device OS software installed. It got worse when you used wipe from BBSAK to erase everything in the phone.

At this point, you are looking at a white screen with a JVM 507 error message and it refused to connect.

Windows / Control Panel / Programs. Review the BlackBerry software you have installed. You should have BlackBerry Desktop Software and BlackBerry Device OS software, specific to each of your BlackBerrys.

Check her model number on the sticker in the battery compartment. The device software must be an exact match for the model being updated. At this stage, you should concentrate on rolling back to her carriers specific OS package.

11-09-09 12:38 PM
    Kaylexty; My appologies for the phone wipe.

After reading your post again, I am wrong to have put this here. I read the OS Error and then zeroed in on not being able to load up the OS 4.5 or 5.0.

Motocycle Mama's tounge lashing didn't fall on deaf ears either. Geesh, mention something twice and it is now "all around the forums". I have to disagree... I own a Curve and I stay on the Curve forums.

Not to worry though... I will stay off your forums in future and keep my advice to myself.

I offer my sincere applogy for anyone that I have offended by offering my 2 cents. I thought the end goal was to help each other, not to 1 up each other and crap on them for trying to help.

Good luck everyone.
    Last edited by Mister.Mitch; 11-09-09 at 02:42 PM.
    11-09-09 02:37 PM
    Mitch don't go away… mama was just being mama but if you read her post she was polite.

Reed great post I did not know you have to have a dm verision for each device. I was going to upgrade my friends off of my pc but will load off of his.
    11-09-09 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD