Hi All! I would appreciate any advice on how to listen to audio from the web on my Blackberry Curve 8300. I am very new to all of this and was so excited when I figured out how to access the web and found one of my favorite sites which has audio meditations. I travel a lot and would like to be able to listen to them on the road....but when I click on a specific link that I want to play.....nothing happens. Help!!!!
    08-09-08 02:28 PM
    Are you trying to stream music? I'm not very sure that this can be done on the 8330, as you have the 4.3 OS.
    08-09-08 02:30 PM
    Are you trying to stream music? I'm not very sure that this can be done on the 8330, as you have the 4.3 OS.
    more specificly, i dont think it can be done on her 8300.

for music streaming capability, i go to seeqpod.com/iphone and search there.

thing about streaming tho, is phone connections i dont think are strong enough for streaming and such, which is why im glad i got wifi
    08-09-08 02:34 PM
    I think you may be correct, trev.

And even if it could be done, imagine the toll it would take on your battery life!
    08-09-08 02:37 PM
    lol just thinkin about it makes me wanna hold my baby tight
    08-09-08 02:41 PM
    I would think this would have the same affect on battery life as constantly running GPS does. And lemme tell ya... That ain't no picnic.
    08-09-08 02:43 PM
    I am soooo showing my ignorance here, but what exactly is streaming music? Is it just listening to music via the web? I had called Verizon for tech support earlier b/c I couldn't even access the web and they walked me through how to do that. (simply had to take battery out and reinsert it.) Anyway, I asked at the time if I would be able to download music on the blackberry and he said "absolutely"!

Thanks for taking the time to reply Jenna and Trev!

Your comments about battery life.....that's recharged by wall or car charger, right? If so, I don't think that will usually be a problem b/c I'll normally be in the car or hotel room when I want to access this stuff.
    08-09-08 02:45 PM
    Streaming music is basically like what Pandora Radio does on your PC. You are receiving a constant flow of data to your phone, while listening to music in real-time.

I'm not sure I understand your last question, but yes your battery is charged by the wall or car charger, if that is what you are asking.
    08-09-08 02:48 PM
    downloading music to ur phone is no problem, but when u said listenin to audio from the web, u made it seem like you were streaming it.

as suggested in another thread i seen ur post, try seeqpod.com/iphone

from there search for artist or song

when it comes up, click on the link to the song

a prompt will come up askin u to open, save or cancel.

clickin open will stream the music but saving it will save it to ur device.

the best option for music tho, is to put music on a micro card from your computer and puttin it in ur phone
    08-09-08 02:52 PM
    Thank you, my blackberry gurus! I NEED to be able to listen to this stuff and I have a new job that puts me on the road 60% of the time. To my current affirmations, I think I'll add...... "I can work my blackberry competently...I can work my blackberry competently...."
    08-09-08 02:57 PM
    Lol.... You will get the hang of it, and Blackberry ish will become second nature to you.

I load all my mp3s to my media card and keep them on my Blackberry. Perhaps you may be interested in doing the same.
    08-09-08 03:02 PM
    lol

do u have access to a computer with music?

with a 1gig card (u can find one for about 10-15 bux most places) u can put over 100 songs on there.
    08-09-08 03:02 PM
    shhh....don't tell anyone, but I don't even have an mp3 player. I have progressed past 8 tracks, but not very far. Yes, I have access to a computer w/ music. I'll get the 1gig card (oooh, i'm talkin' the language now!)
    08-09-08 03:05 PM
    Hehehe.... Oh Lord...
    08-09-08 03:08 PM
    lol your WRONG! ur blackberry is a fine
    mp3 player :P. make sure u get the riight
    card for the phone, u want the really tiny
    one! most of them come with a bigger
    card to plug into ur computer and transfer
    files with, but if your computer doesnt have that slot, u can always just use ur
    DM to do it
    08-09-08 03:08 PM
    lol your WRONG! ur blackberry is a fine
    mp3 player :P. make sure u get the riight
    card for the phone, u want the really tiny
    one! most of them come with a bigger
    card to plug into ur computer and transfer
    files with, but if your computer doesnt have that slot, u can always just use ur
    DM to do it
    why is your
    post all sc-
    runched to-
    gether??
    08-09-08 03:20 PM
    why is your
    post all sc-
    runched to-
    gether??

bahahaha
    i was about to ask the same thing
    08-09-08 03:27 PM
    Lol iunno I hit enter before it bumped me down to the next line in the quick reply thing lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-08 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD