Curve 8310
    AT&T carrier
    Just upgraded from 4.2.xxx to 4.5.0.110

Before I upgraded texts worked fine. Now when my wife send a text from her iPhone with an attached photo I cannot open it in the text or email folders. Message I get is "this attachment type cannot be viewed on your device". I can download the pic to my album and view it. The pics are .jpg format. Is there a security setting I need to turn off? I ran the desktop software but it didn't find anything to install.

Any help is appriciates.
    04-18-09 04:33 AM
    I have the same problem I have to have pics sent to me through BB Messenger to see them its frustrating
    04-18-09 09:20 AM
    There has to be a fix for this. It's very aggrivating. I'm sure everyone is not living with it the way we are
    04-18-09 02:40 PM
    If you have the .110 OS installed on your computer, open DM and connect your BB. Open Apploader, make sure Blackberry Attachment Services is checked.

You can read what Blackberry Attachment Services does here:

BlackBerry - Attachment Services
    04-18-09 02:50 PM
    I'll have to get to my bro-in-laws to try that. Our home Internet is on the fritz and were still stuck on dialup anyway. Thanks for the help.
    04-18-09 03:01 PM
    I'll have to get to my bro-in-laws to try that. Our home Internet is on the fritz and were still stuck on dialup anyway. Thanks for the help.
    When you upgraded to .110, did you download the .110 OS to your PC, or did you do the online update?

If you go to Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs, look for Blackberry Software. There might be Desktop Manager, and your 4.5.0.110 OS installed.

If the OS is installed, you don't need an internet connection. JUst Open DM and click on Apploader, make sure Blackberry Attachment Service is checked off and click Next.
    04-18-09 03:08 PM
    I did it online at my inlaws. I'll have to see if he still has the software. If so I'll get it on my zipdrive and bring it all home.
    04-18-09 03:41 PM
    I did it online at my inlaws. I'll have to see if he still has the software. If so I'll get it on my zipdrive and bring it all home.
    The online update doesn't save/install the OS to the PC. You can try looking in Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs on your brother-in-law's PC, but I don't think it will be there.

You can download the 4.5.0.110 OS to your brother-in-law's PC by going here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...ffd6M9eioDHA**

FYI, the download takes about an hour to do no matter how fast the PC is. The Blackberry servers are pretty slow with downloads.

After you complete the download, you will need to click on the file to launch an OS installer that will do the actual install of the OS to the PC.
    Last edited by xliderider; 04-18-09 at 03:51 PM.
    04-18-09 03:46 PM
    Hey if you want you can download 4.5.0.131 from Sprint. You can go to the support page and download the OS right from Sprint, I download it in a couple of minutes from them. If you do this just make sure that you remove the vendor.xl file otherwise it wont work on your AT&T phone.
    04-18-09 04:48 PM
    Hey if you want you can download 4.5.0.131 from Sprint. You can go to the support page and download the OS right from Sprint, I download it in a couple of minutes from them. If you do this just make sure that you remove the vendor.xl file otherwise it wont work on your AT&T phone.
    Sprint's .131 OS is for the cdma 8330, it won't work on the OP's 8310 from AT&T (a GSM phone/network).
    04-18-09 05:55 PM
    The online update doesn't save/install the OS to the PC. You can try looking in Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs on your brother-in-law's PC, but I don't think it will be there.

You can download the 4.5.0.110 OS to your brother-in-law's PC by going here:

FYI, the download takes about an hour to do no matter how fast the PC is. The Blackberry servers are pretty slow with downloads.

After you complete the download, you will need to click on the file to launch an OS installer that will do the actual install of the OS to the PC.
    Thanks a lot for all your help. I'll email him this page so he knows what to prepare for. He's an IT major and going to some national computer repair and maintamce competition in Missouri in June.

Thanks again for the help
    04-18-09 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD