I have tried numerous times to install Bolt on my Curve 8330 over the last several weeks. Most times the download/installation just gives a confusing error message about 1/3 to 1/2 way done and stops. The last time before downloading I set all permissions to allow. The installation got anout 75% through and then said out of memory and rebooted my phone.

Has anyone else had these problems, and more importantly, does anyone know how to fix them? Thanks in advance.
    02-04-09 10:42 AM
    I had a problem downloading the bolt upgrade. I literally tried like every half hour all day long. Eventually I did a soft reset and then it just all the sudden worked.

Also, make sure you don't continually use the same link from the invite email. They say it can only be used once. Might not be true but you never know.

They also have a support team that you can email, but they reply with a generic message and I ended up just figuring it out on my own.

Good luck!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 03:50 PM
    It worked first time for me. IDK why you have trouble. Maybe remove unneeded apps then retry with a new email link?
    02-04-09 04:04 PM
    I have tried with several different "invites" and made sure to actually type the "for blackberry" address directly in my browser. I suppose it is possible I have something in conflict, but I can't imagine what.
    02-04-09 05:05 PM
    ok - FINALLY worked setting allow for everything. For me anyway, I cannot really control the cursor very well in the application. It seems to be running all over the place, but I do not have any trouble like that in any other application. I guess I am just not a "Bolty"
    02-04-09 05:49 PM
    What exactly is BOLT.
    02-04-09 06:42 PM
    What exactly is BOLT.
    Welcome to Crackberry. Bolt is a browser that is in beta testing. I love it, others hate it...I think it still may have some bugs in it. After all it is a beta. I happen to love it, however after installing the updated version last night I had to do a battery pull in order to get it going. I had deleted the old version to save space.

Time will tell, I like it as it seems to be pretty fast I like that!

02-04-09 09:08 PM
    it's fast but the scrolling and navigation sucks so i deleted it. hopefully on the next update it will fix that, we'll see
    02-04-09 09:10 PM
    I've tried it twice now and still prefer Opera Mini
    02-05-09 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD