I just switched from ATT to Sprint.

With ATT--there was no problem syncing from Outlook 2000 (windows xp) to Blackberry Curve.

I uninstalled the ATT software and installed fresh 4.5.

It won't recognize the Outlook Application in order for me to sync it with the Blackberry.

I uninstalled and installed the 4.5 2x and it still does not recognize Outlook 2000.

It does recocognize Outlook express, but I need to regularly sync Notes, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks.

Can anyone help with what to do?

Reinstall Outlook to get 4.5 to recognize it?

Had not problems with ATT Blackberry. Don't know what is different here.

THANKS!
    Last edited by blackberryesq; 10-26-08 at 06:28 AM.
    10-26-08 06:18 AM
    Outlook 2000 is not compatible with BlackBerry Desktop Manager version 4.5 or 4.6.

You will need to go back to Desktop Manager version 4.2 or upgrade your Outlook.
    10-26-08 07:55 AM
    That is correct and thank you for that info--very helpful.

But in the end here is what happened:

Outlook 2000 requires 4.2 and no higher to work, but

Sprint Curve is not compatible with 4.2. It requires 4.5 or newer to sync. (ATT Curve does work with 4.2)

So, I had to buy Outlook 2007, and in the end it works a lot smoother anyway than when I used Outlook 2000 and 4.2 with ATT curve.

Thanks again for the help.
    01-01-09 05:49 PM
    What is the process for synching outlook 2007 and BB storm?
    01-01-09 07:40 PM
    I have not sync'ed a Storm but it should be able to be done easily. This may be addressed in another forum on Crackberry you may want to search out. I would think that you can load the CD BB sync software that came with your Storm or go to Blackberry.com and download version 4.5 or higher. When you connect the cable from your computer to the Storm--the software should recongnize your device and there is a tab to click to sync. Should be as easy as that.
    01-01-09 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD