Just installed the latest update from Rimm and cant seem to find the browser where do I get it from ? new to blacberry been using it for a few days and luv it .. before updating though the browser was locked by my company .. could that be an issue ?
    04-26-08 01:56 PM
    Welcome 2 CB...

Do you have a data plan? More than likely you do... Hit the menu key and select 'Show All'

If you still don't see it, logon to the BIS website and send your service books. Also ensure it's checked in App Loader (in Desktop Manager)
    04-26-08 02:30 PM
    I did send the service books but still would not work.. called the att support and the rimm .. they asked me to go back to the att supported os and still it goves me the same issue .. not sure what to do.. i used to have the mini opera but now that is gone to and no way to access the internet .. please HELP!!!!!
    04-26-08 05:12 PM
    You said they told you to go back to at&t supported OS, does this mean you have 4.5?

If so, the same thing happened to me. It does have to do with your service books. After you sent the service books, remove your battery and place it back in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-08 05:41 PM
    nope its still the 4.2.2.170 if you know where I can get the 4.5 please let me know will love to upgrade to that.. hopefully the browser works in that..
    04-26-08 05:56 PM
    Unfortunately supplying/requesting links to the betas are not allowed. You can discuss the features and likes/dislikes though.

I wouldn't worry though, the official release isn't to far away.

04-26-08 06:05 PM
    If I were you, I'd try re-installing the OS. If I were home, I'd supply you with the link to with instructions on doing it. Search the forums, "wiping device"

04-26-08 06:09 PM
    .. before updating though the browser was locked by my company .. could that be an issue ?
    Yes. It is quite common for IT departments to enforce policy by disabling features.

If your device has been connected to a BES network, odds are good you ingested a restrictive policy file. Removing it is possible, but it may be considered grounds for dismissal.

You would be much better off with a private device if you want the Browser. Mine earns it keep every day that way. Just be sure never to connect to a BES.
    04-26-08 06:20 PM
    Thanks I think that may be the problem.. as the browser would work before only if I used the intranet password :-( now how do I it to the version what was before .. it worries me a little
    04-26-08 06:29 PM
    Wow... problem solved, lol. All your questions about getting a browser should be directed towards your IT department. Like the previous post stated, it can be grounds for dismissal.
    04-26-08 06:38 PM
    Before losing your mind and going crazy with your IT department, try the following:

Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Press Menu (button left of the trackball) > click Register Now.

This step is necessary to get the browser back after updating the OS when you are connected to BIS. Being you are on BES, it may not work, but it is at least worth a shot.
    04-26-08 07:26 PM
    all sorted out got everything working .. now thinking of my decision of migrating from a smartphone to blackberry ..
    04-26-08 09:42 PM
    You got it working, great.

You have the ultimate communications tool, why would you consider rolling back to a "smart phone"?

Windows is not ready for prime time, Apple is a pretty, but useless. Where are you going to find a smarter phone?
    Last edited by Stoner; 04-26-08 at 11:55 PM.
    04-26-08 11:52 PM
    dont want to do it but I like more freedom .. which is there in case of smart phones .. have a dash for personal use and installed an update its great ..
    but stillwill keep the blackberry .. can't say no to the company
    04-27-08 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD