Okay, the other night I posted that I couldn't dial out from the home page. I was playing around with the phone all day and figured I did something. I had to go to the call log to dial out. I was instructed to disable dialing from the home screen. I followed the directions given and it worked perfectly. Well today, out of nowhere, it has happened again. I wasn't playing around with it so I can assume it did it on it's own.

Any suggestions on how to figure out if it is something I might be doing or if, gulp, my BB is defective? I've only had it a month, no problems before this. I reall y don't want to have to exchange it and start all over setting it up.
    08-01-08 11:29 AM
    Did you check to see that dialing from the homescreen is disabled?
    08-01-08 11:40 AM
    Did you check to see that dialing from the homescreen is disabled?
    Yes. I followed the same instructions I got the other night which was to go to the call log, options, general options, dial from home screen, yes.

The weird thing was I did that the other night and when it happened again today and checked it was on "no" again so I put it back to "yes" and then it's fine. I just don't understand why it is changing on it's own.
    08-01-08 11:48 AM
    Ok. Are you resetting your phone or doing anything different that would possibly be a common denominator in this issue?
    08-01-08 11:53 AM
    Ok. Are you resetting your phone or doing anything different that would possibly be a common denominator in this issue?
    Nothing. I'm really don't even know how to do most of what the BB offers. I never do anything with it if I'm not positive as to how to do just for fear of screwing something up. I have very basic things in it and have not deleted or added anything. No resetting at all.
    08-01-08 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD