I'm not sure what I did but I can only dial out when I am in my call log. If I'm not in my call log and go to dial out I automatically go to Tasks. I turned the phone off for a couple of minutes but when I turned it on it was the same.

I just put a new case on it yesterday and was hoping not to have to take it off to do a battery pull but I will if I have to.

Would appreciate any suggestions to fix this. Thanx!
    07-30-08 09:27 PM
    Def try a battery pull first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-08 09:29 PM
    yep! try the battery first
    07-30-08 09:29 PM
    You don't have to do the battery pull to reset the phone. just do an ALT+CAPS+DEL. You have to do them one at a time in that order but keep holding them until you've pressed them all - does that make sense? It will reboot your phone without having to take the case off.
    07-30-08 09:30 PM
    You don't have to do the battery pull to reset the phone. just do an ALT+CAPS+DEL. You have to do them one at a time in that order but keep holding them until you've pressed them all - does that make sense? It will reboot your phone without having to take the case off.
    That will work, but not the same as a battery pull. Will not get into the details of this as it has been debated in other forums.
    07-30-08 09:33 PM
    That will work, but not the same as a battery pull. Will not get into the details of this as it has been debated in other forums.

Well, I tried it anyway but it didn't work. Does that mean I must need to do a battery pull or did I possibly hit a button and set it to do this? I really don't want to break my new case but I guess I gotta do what I gotta do.

Any more suggestions before I take the plunge?[/B][/COLOR]
    07-30-08 09:47 PM
    Can you please provide more details? Can you actually dial numbers and have them appear, or will the phone simply not connect?

And really. The battery pull is no big deal.

07-30-08 09:50 PM
    I think they just don't want to accidently break a case.

07-30-08 09:52 PM
    I know the battery pull is no big deal at all I'm just afraid of cracking my new case if I have to remove it so that I can get to the battery.

What happens is if I am in my call log I can dial numbers. If I am at my home page, (is that what it's called?), and I try to dial it takes me to tasks and only does letters, no numbers.

I hope I am explaining well enough. Does it make sense?
    07-30-08 09:55 PM
    I think they just don't want to accidently break a case.

You got it. It doesn't look like it would be easy to remove. It's the Seidio rubberized one.
    07-30-08 09:58 PM
    I was just trying to offer an alternative to the battery pull since she didn't want to have to remove the case. But either way Whatever floats your boat.
    07-30-08 10:08 PM
    There was a very racie description on how to take those apart. Something about fingernails and holding it around the bottom...I forget. They did say that you can be rough with those cases and you 'should' be okay. Battery pull sounds like the winner, it hard to understand what one is trying to say over the puter.

07-30-08 10:09 PM
    I appreciate your offering an alternative. Unfortunatelly, it didn't work. Any other suggestions without doing a battery pull. Man, I hate to break this case and I've been trying to get it off and it's just not happening. So, you don't think I may have hit a button that caused this?
    07-30-08 10:10 PM
    Wait a second. Do you have "dial from homescreen" enabled????

07-30-08 10:11 PM
    There was a very racie description on how to take those apart. Something about fingernails and holding it around the bottom...I forget. They did say that you can be rough with those cases and you 'should' be okay. Battery pull sounds like the winner, it hard to understand what one is trying to say over the puter.

LOL...I just read that racie suggestion. I've been trying but it's not coming off. I'll keep trying if that is my only solution. Thanks!
    07-30-08 10:12 PM
    Yes, jenay, that's exactly what's enabled.

Mammy, you need to disable dialing from your home screen. This can be accomplished by going into your call log and hitting your BB button then scroll to "Options" then to "General Options", scroll to "Dial from Home Screen" and change that option to "Yes".

That should fix you up.
    07-30-08 10:20 PM
    I am not going anywhere with that one, c'mon, it is late. Seriously though, when you feel like you are going to break it, go just a bit farther. It will work. I believe in you, you can do it!

07-30-08 10:21 PM
    If not, enable it!! This is most likely the issue.

07-30-08 10:21 PM
    Can't believe it took me this long to think of that...

07-30-08 10:23 PM
    Jena is probably right but there also is a program called softreset that does the same as a battery pull. If you have a case that you don't want to remove, please get that program! It works great. I have checked and that program really does all that a battery pull does.
    07-30-08 10:25 PM
    Wait a second. Do you have "dial from homescreen" enabled????

Not sure. But I got the case off and did the battery pull and that didn't help. I never had a problem before and don't think I changed anything but...who knows. I can't put it down. Love it. Probably did something. I can't keep my crubby little hands off of it.

Where do I go for "dial from homescreen"?
    07-30-08 10:28 PM
    Read my reply.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/can...tml#post554266
    Last edited by Super Loopy; 07-30-08 at 10:31 PM.
    07-30-08 10:29 PM
    Yes, jenay, that's exactly what's enabled.

Mammy, you need to disable dialing from your home screen. This can be accomplished by going into your call log and hitting your BB button then scroll to "Options" then to "General Options", scroll to "Dial from Home Screen" and change that option to "Yes".

That should fix you up.
    It did. Thank you. I can't imagine how it was changed as I didn't even know I had those options. I appreciate all the help from everyone. You guys rock!!! I will be the first to admit I am pitiful with this and have learned a ton for all of you. Sprint probably shouldn't have even let me on the loose with the phone. lol

As soon as I figure what all the letters like BES and OS and MMS and on and on are I may get this down pat!! Thanks again, all.
    07-30-08 10:36 PM
    Lol. Glad to help.

07-30-08 10:39 PM
    Now you better go and get the soft reset program! Never know when you WILL need it.
    07-30-08 10:43 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD