Before I upgraded to the 4.5 OS, I used the Roxio Media Manager to backup my wallpapers and ringtones to my PC. Luckily, I didn't lose any of the files during the upgrade but now I want to transfer some files from my PC to my BB and when I launch the Media Manager it doesn't recognize my BB. It says there is no device connected. Is this because I don't have an SD card installed on my BB? If so then why was I able to connect it to the media manager before I upgraded the OS?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    08-30-08 10:24 AM
    I still can't get Media Manager to reconize my Curve. Any suggestions?
    08-30-08 06:47 PM
    reboot pc and try again, but you should really get a memory card. no need to use up your device memory. does desktop manager see the phone? you may want to update to DM 4.6 as wellBlackBerry - Desktop Software - BlackBerry Desktop Software at BlackBerry.com
    08-30-08 06:52 PM
    Ya, make sure all your desktop software is updated to the latest version

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-08 07:09 PM
    OK, I uninstalled the destop manager software and then downloaded and installed the 4.6 version. I'm able to sync with outlook and use all of the other desktop manager features except media manager. When I start media manager, it says that no device is connected.

I want to buy a media card but before I do I'd like to at least transfer one or two MP3's so that I can test out the sound quality and media player functionality.

Any suggestions?
    09-01-08 10:08 AM
    Still no luck. Any help would be appreciated.
    09-02-08 08:07 AM
    Ok, I'll give this one more try. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?
    09-03-08 08:19 AM
    I'm having the exact same problem with my 8120 Pearl. I've uninstalled, reinstalled using 4.6 Desktop Manager with the Media Storage setting on and off and neither Media Manager nor Media Sync will indicate my Blackberry is connected.

I've also done this all on two different XP machines with no difference.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated?
    09-13-08 11:40 AM
    I'm having this problem, too. I used Media Manager all the time till I upgraded to OS 4.5. I thought that the problem might be that, with 4.5, my Curve now recognizes my SD card as an 8GB card, so I popped in a 4GB card, but that didn't work.

I have password protection on my Curve, and Media Manager prompts me for a password repeatedly. It says "attempt 1/10" each time. If I type in the wrong password, it updates the number of attempts, but, if I put in the correct one, it just keeps asking for attempt 1/10.

I'm running Desktop Manager 4.6 on a new PC running XP Professional. All the non-Roxio stuff works great.

I can't believe that Roxio and RIM have nothing to say about this. When I run the issue through Google, I only find posts to forums by people who are having this problem - no solutions.

I'm wondering: Is anyone able to use Media Manager with OS 4.5?

Thanks. . .
    10-27-08 05:27 AM
    You don't need Roxio to work properly to add files to the curve if you have sd card support enabled. Before you even fire up the DM, it should try to open the media card storage like a thumbdrive. Just add it there to the proper media folders.

As for password prompts, try disabling device password beforehand.

10-27-08 07:34 AM
    Thanks -- I know I can transfer directly to the card, and that's been my work-around. What I haven't been able to find a way to do is convert videos (avi, mpg, wmv) to a version that would play on my Curve. Media Manager used to do that for me. I've tried a couple that work on smaller files, but I haven't found anything that puts full-length movies into a version that will play.

As for the password -- sure, I can disable it. That was one of the first things that I tried, figuring that the password was the source of the disconnect. It still didn't recognize my Berry. The fact that I'm getting prompted for a password, though -- and that I get a different response when I enter the correct password than when I enter an incorrect one -- indicates that Media Manager is communicating at some level with the Berry, right?

Again, I'd be interested to hear: Has anybody gotten Media Manager to work with OS 4.5?
    10-27-08 08:45 PM
    You don't need Roxio to work properly to add files to the curve if you have sd card support enabled. Before you even fire up the DM, it should try to open the media card storage like a thumbdrive. Just add it there to the proper media folders.

As for password prompts, try disabling device password beforehand.

That's pretty much what it looks like we're all doing, but I want to continue using Roxio. I can't believe there's no solution.
    11-05-08 04:32 PM
    Guess i'll be doing the same as the above once I upgrade my OS, I hope Roxio will work after the upgrade *fingers crossed*
    11-05-08 04:42 PM
    The fine folks at RIM helped me troubleshoot and here's a solution that worked for me.

1. Connect the BlackBerry to the computer.
    2. Open Desktop Manager and then selected backup and restore. Select the option to backup the BlackBerry and save it to your my documents folder.
    3. After the backup of the BlackBerry select the options on the BlackBerry and open security options. Within the security options select general settings.
    4. Within General settings press the menu key and select wipe handheld. ( This will wipe all data from the BlackBerry, this data can be restored from the backup file that was created in step 2) .
    5. After the application load completes connect the BlackBerry to the computer and verify if the same issue occurs with the Media Manager application.

Should these steps not resolve the issue then the data can be restored to the BlackBerry using the restore option under the backup and restore button in Desktop Manager.
    11-07-08 12:17 AM
    I've had so many problems with Media manager and Roxio. Errrggghhh..
    11-07-08 12:33 AM
    Heh, Roxio is garbage imo...I never use it, when dragging and dropping my things is easier...I'm gonna take the easy road.
    11-07-08 01:06 AM
    Heh, Roxio is garbage imo...I never use it, when dragging and dropping my things is easier...I'm gonna take the easy road.
    Can't say I blame you.
    11-07-08 03:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD