I can't add new addresses or edit existing addresses in the address book. When I click on "New Address" in address book the menu just disappears and it returns to the list of addresses. Same thing if I click on Edit. If I menu-click on a phone number from someone who's contacted by and click "add to address book" it's the same thing, the menu just disappears and no action is completed.

Everything else seems to be working fine. The only thing that I can think that's been changed since the last time I successfully added a contact was that Windows Live Messenger (WLM) was updated and I uninstalled Facebook. Could the connection these programs have/had with the address book have been screwed up?

I was able to successfully complete a full backup of my blackberry.

My other option is to add the address on my computer using Outlook then sync. I don't have Outlook installed but I could do that, it'd just be a bit of a pain.

Ok this is crazy...literally just as I finished typing the above message, I'm just about to click submit, and I noticed I had a message on my BB...it's an update for WLM from version 3.0.0.19 to 3.0.0.20. Release notes:

Fixed issue where some users were unable to add or edit their contacts after installing Windows Live Messenger application.

Microsoft are you watching me???

I guess I'll try the update, hahaha.

I decided I'd submit this anyways as it's kinda crazy, and maybe it'll help someone else.

[Edit] Hurray, it's fixed! Also, I found this.
    Last edited by biznatch; 05-08-12 at 01:05 AM.
    05-08-12 12:45 AM
    There was a flurry of similar reports a couple of weeks back. That probably helped get Microsoft's attention.
    05-09-12 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD