I cannot visit the following websites:

AmericanExpress.com: javascript error. It goes to the website but when I try to log in, it will not allow me to log in because of this javascript error.

Coned.com: won't even give me an option to log in.

bankofamerica.com: does not allow me to log in after entering user name and password.

chase.com: won't allow me to log in because of some error. Had to do the mobile alerts crap to access balance and information.

I checked my brower settings and everything on their is checked so is this a security feature that does not let you access account information? Should I get another browser if possible? If so, what do you recommend? Are there always going to be certain restrictions to what you can do with internet access on your BB?
    Last edited by Morenina; 07-12-08 at 05:04 PM.
    07-12-08 04:59 PM
    unfortunatly, a lot of financial institutions block mobile devices from access. Other sites are working though correct?
    07-12-08 05:03 PM
    Yes, other websites work. I think these restrictions suck because these are things that I would not like to do at work or on any company owned computer.

If lets say I am about to shop my a$$ off, I can't check on my balance because my BB is not capable of taking me there and now I have to make a phone call and go through all of these prompts just to get them to say my available balance....lol..

I guess I'll deal with the security issue but thanks for shedding some light.
    07-12-08 05:11 PM
    ALso you might try to go into your browser>options> check support Java Script. See if this helps
    07-12-08 05:15 PM
    ...and this goes without saying but check their website for txt-only or mobile versions. my bank doesn't have one but just started txt alerts where i can get the info at any time. thus no annoying calls into the automated system.
    07-12-08 05:47 PM
    A lot of websites that won't load in the default BB browser will load in the Opera Mini browser. Wouldn't hurt to try it!
    07-12-08 05:52 PM
    I have the same problem on my curve. Not sure what the difference is, but some complicated sites will load while some simple sites just come up blank (looks like it's finished loading, but it's just a blank page) Also, the sites that won't load are all sites that I could get on my old regular samsung phone??
    07-12-08 06:00 PM
    bankofamerica.com: does not allow me to log in after entering user name and password.
    BOA has mobile banking. I think you have to sign up for it. It's on their front page.
    07-12-08 06:11 PM
    can anyone give me a link to mini Opera, I'd like to give it a try.

Is it free or how much is it?
    07-12-08 06:19 PM
    can anyone give me a link to mini Opera, I'd like to give it a try.

Is it free or how much is it?
    www.operamini.com

FREE!
    07-12-08 06:20 PM
    thanks, you guys are awesome, I'll give it a try.
    07-12-08 06:22 PM
    Opera Mini is the answer to all your browsing problems.....many, many sites that I can not go to with BB work just perfect with Opera.
    07-12-08 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD