I've followed all the directions completely, yet my phone does not update to the new OS.

I upgraded the desktop to 4.6, removed the vendor.xml file, and installed the 4.5 OS. When I click on the desktop manager, help, then about desktop manager, it says I have the upgraded 4.5 OS. However, my phone does not update. It is still the 4.2.2.170.

How can I get this to load?
    11-12-08 08:10 PM
    You needed to remove the vendor.xml file AFTER you installed the 4.5 OS to your computer.
    11-12-08 08:28 PM
    You needed to remove the vendor.xml file AFTER you installed the 4.5 OS to your computer.
    Yes you have to do this after you install it to your computer than plug in your phone to dm.
    11-12-08 09:09 PM
    The first clue is the load takes from 30 minutes to an hour and a half. Do not unplug until it says completed. Make sure you have backed-up your device, and checked the box next to save and restore in apploader.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 09:17 PM
    Also open advanced and make sure the stuff you want like documents to go and any I'm app you like have checkmarks in the boxes next to them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 09:19 PM
    I've followed all the directions completely, yet my phone does not update to the new OS.

I upgraded the desktop to 4.6, removed the vendor.xml file, and installed the 4.5 OS. When I click on the desktop manager, help, then about desktop manager, it says I have the upgraded 4.5 OS. However, my phone does not update. It is still the 4.2.2.170.

How can I get this to load?
    That tells you the version of DM you have. The Device Software tab only
    tells what OS(s) are installed on your computer.

What you need to do is click Application Loader, remove any programs you
    don't want and continue through to the end.
    11-12-08 09:22 PM
    Thanks, this is doing the job. Geez,,,, I spent 3 days trying to load this darn thing...
    11-13-08 06:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD