I've just come across this problem this evening. When I make the call, the person on the other end can hear me but I hear no dial tone, ringing, or talking. The phone is not muted. I've only had my phone now for a few months so I'm not very clear on some of tech lingo. Speak dumb to me but please help! Thanks
    10-17-08 07:22 PM
    Mine does that but only with certain themes. I've noticed that it always happens when I use a couple and had to end up deleting them. Other people say its related to the operating system but it only happens with some of my themes and never on others. I've heard starting the voice dialing a couple of times fixes it, although it never fixes it when i have the problem. I have to restart my phone like 10 times with a Verizon theme to get it to work again. I just don't use those themes anymore and it never does it.
    10-17-08 09:16 PM
    I have the same problem, I guess it's common with the Verizon 8330's. I take the battery out for a few seconds and that seems to "reboot" it with no problems. I'll see how annoying it gets (twice in 6 weeks) before I take back to Verizon to exchange it, I think they give you a refurbished BB as a replacement.

Jim
    10-17-08 09:30 PM
    This is a known issue with Verizon. It's an issue with MMS. Reportedly, it will be fixed with Verizon's release of the 4.5 OS.

Doing a battery pull is a temporary fix to reset it.
    10-18-08 05:50 AM
    I have the same problem, I guess it's common with the Verizon 8330's. I take the battery out for a few seconds and that seems to "reboot" it with no problems. I'll see how annoying it gets (twice in 6 weeks) before I take back to Verizon to exchange it, I think they give you a refurbished BB as a replacement.

Jim
    Changing out the phone will not resolve the problem.
    10-18-08 08:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD