I just got my Blackberry curve a couple of days ago and am trying to make my own ringtones. I created a ringtone in Garage Band, emailed it to myself and then saved the attachment from my email. My problem is, I can't find the ringtone now!

I selected a folder called "ringtones" but when I try to find the ringtone, it's no where on my phone. I'm not even sure where the folders are located...

HELP? ;-)
    05-06-09 08:57 PM
    To view your saved messages go to messages>menu>view saved messages. Keep in mind that you can just plug your blackberry into your computer and enable mass storage mode and drag and drop the files to your blackberry.
    05-06-09 09:17 PM
    Go to media hit the menu key and explore. Try looking through media card or device memory.
    05-06-09 09:19 PM
    I just tried to download another ringtone, this time mp3 format, as the previous one was m4r format and it saved it in:

/Device Memory/home/user/ringtones

But I'm not sure how to browse out to that folder on my BB to delete the m4r ringtone?
    05-06-09 09:21 PM
    To view your saved messages go to messages>menu>view saved messages. Keep in mind that you can just plug your blackberry into your computer and enable mass storage mode and drag and drop the files to your blackberry.
    How do I go about enabling "mass storage mode?" This would have been much easier. I feel like such a noob!
    05-06-09 09:22 PM
    Options, media card. Enable Mass Storage Mode On, Set to Prompt When Connected. Save.

Your BB will appear as a removable drive on your PC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 09:24 PM
    Okay, when I saved the mp3 format to my ringtones folder, it shows up there, so my problem was trying to save a non-supported format.

My next question is how to enable mass storage mode so I can just drag and drop files to my Blackberry? I have it hooked up via my USB cable...
    05-06-09 09:25 PM
    I just tried to download another ringtone, this time mp3 format, as the previous one was m4r format and it saved it in:

/Device Memory/home/user/ringtones

But I'm not sure how to browse out to that folder on my BB to delete the m4r ringtone?
    Go to media>explore>device memory>home>user>ringtones
    05-06-09 09:25 PM
    Okay, when I saved the mp3 format to my ringtones folder, it shows up there, so my problem was trying to save a non-supported format.

My next question is how to enable mass storage mode so I can just drag and drop files to my Blackberry? I have it hooked up via my USB cable...
    You don't have a media card installed do you?
    05-06-09 09:27 PM
    Options, media card. Enable Mass Storage Mode On, Set to Prompt When Connected. Save.

Your BB will appear as a removable drive on your PC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If you have a media card installed in your device read ^^^^^^^that.
    05-06-09 09:30 PM
    Well, it is set to that but I have no media card at the moment. But it looks like I can email and download and save, so I think I'm good.

Thank you so much for all the help!
    05-06-09 09:57 PM
    Your welcome let us know if you need anything else...
    05-06-09 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD