Studies show that BREATHING causes cancer.
    Studies can show a lot of things, depending on who's doing the studying and who's paying for the studying to be done.
    Live life like there's no tomorrow, and look at "studies" of things for what they are...someone elses observations. Because you don't know for a fact til it happens, and then its too late to worry about it. That said, at least the question was answered. The rest is all fodder for the masses, no matter what side you're on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-08 01:02 PM
    Good point, antiandy, thank you, and I don't have time to turn off the flippin emissions since I'm testing printers in Dallas/Fort Worth from home, using...gasp...a wireless router.

I merely asked how to turn off the cell side because I did not like the idea of having microwave radiation, albeit small amounts, sitting next to my skin all day long. I never said I was afraid, or paralyzed with indecision about going outside my home, nor any of the other things dragged into the conversation by those intent on having their say .

I am now going out into the back of my property to fill in ruts caused by moving my old boat, which assuredly injects greenhouse gases into the water..I don't sleep at night thinking about it, dangit. Then I am probably going to cut down a beat up sweetgum tree which someone before me planted too close to the house and now it is buckling the sidewalk. I"m pretty cut up about it, by the way. in fact, I'm going to Lowe's after that and buying three other young trees to plant them in a small tree island and apologize to the planet for killing a perfectly good tree just because my home foundation was in danger. I'll also have my BB on my hip, right next to my...wallet
    05-03-08 01:58 PM
    I'm not saying I agree with Rickster's fear, but I'd say it's more founded than say my friend's fear: Dinosaurs.

She's afraid of dinosaurs eating her a la Jurassic Park style. Seriously.

So that being said, there's crazier things to be scared of.
    05-03-08 01:59 PM
    Oh, Crimsontide, I neglected to mention, I grew up in Alabama up on Sand Mountain new Guntersville (Albertville), so if you are a Roll Tide fan all I have to say is WAR EAGLE BABY!
    05-03-08 02:00 PM
    Rickster,
    An Auburn fan, now I know why your logic is flawed!!! Just Kidding. We grew up in the same area. I am originally from Huntsville.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-08 04:38 PM
    I love radiation!!
    05-03-08 04:47 PM
    I don't know why, but this entire paragraph is making me laugh, and laugh, and laugh.

I WISH I was making it up. I actually know this guy with these weird paranoias. I'm not sure what's worse, the perpetual rants over cell phones or the endless hand washing or the conspiracy theories about Coca Cola running piping into every American's home to try and replace water.

It's all true. I usually try and sneak away if I see the guy coming.

Every word of it true.
    05-03-08 05:02 PM
    I hang Jeeps off trails in places you would probably soil yourself rather than go
    Not to hijack, but what kind of Jeep do you have? I have an 06 TJ with 4.5 inch lift and 33s (working up to 35s but need to regear now) also have full corner guards, rocker guards, stinger, banks exhaust, etc etc etc.

Nice to see fellow Jeepers hanging around!! Scared or not, youre now OK in my book

Pre-Stinger and a few other mods.

Last edited by snowcrash; 05-03-08 at 06:51 PM.
    05-03-08 06:47 PM
    Hey I'm happy to hijack this flippin thread ). I just sold my old beater last year cause I was getting to the point where i needed some Dana 44s at least or bigger, and didn't want sink anymore money into the Cherokee...an old 87 that we used for many years at Jeep Jambos and Ouray Colorado...where you can get GREAT cell service sometimes on top of Imogene Pass. I'm in the market for getting something else, possibly a Rubicon that has seen some use...I'm tired of the old full-time lockers I had in the old Jeep...made driving on rainy roads a real adventure at times .

I just tethered my BB to my laptop tonight at my wife's dog training class!! I'm stoked...hang the dna damage!!

That pic was taken down in Palo Duro Canyon south of Amarillo, Texas. Place called Mike's Rock. You try to get to the strap area above the spotter and stop, then they strap you to it and let you back down from a winch on the other side. An old CJ had just rolled off it to the left side before me so you can imagine I was a little interested in what was going on...had the wife and boy get out, but that was with an open front diff so I just couldn't get enough torque on the rock to pull me up, but it was funnsers!! You have a nice setup there. are you in the northwest or Smokies? I'd like a shorter wb but we have three of us and the boy now has legs longer than the Hi-lift so I need some room back there, not that the Cherokee was spacious.

I can tell you've been in lines before, with the strap tucked in at the back. I have a portable Ramsey 9000 on a receiver rig that comes in REAL handy. All this is making me lonely for some crawlin...sniff. The only sticking point is I promised my boy I'd convert my old Jetta over to electric-powered for his first car...he's 14...and I opened my fat mouth before I ran a ticket on the project (mouth gaping open). I've been trying to convince him the very un-stock TDI Jetta would be a cool ride since it gets 40 around town and can do a 7 second 0-60, but I may have to ground him if I get the Jones to 4X4 again...and my wife is with me, so I dunno, snicker.
    Last edited by Rickster; 05-04-08 at 12:57 AM.
    05-03-08 09:20 PM
    Awesome pic!!! I'm actually in the North East. We have a some good stuff up here in New England. Plus we get to play in the mud, snow, rain and rocks so its a good combo for wheeling year round. Only down side is it can get COLD! And with all the in/out of the Jeep all day it just drains you, but dont have to worry about that for a few months now

We have some Cherokees in our club and they are BEASTS!

I'm going to make it to a Jeep Jam this year! Just trying to balance my money for investments, living, Jeep upgrades, gas and trips so not sure if I can get to it this year. Think the club is hitting one in Killington Vt this year? Or is it PA, I can remember so I may tag along.
    05-04-08 12:29 PM
    We've really enjoyed the ones we've attended.

"jeepjamboreeusa.com"

Nice, fun weekend for family, no booze, etc, occasionally you get a macho job who won't follow rules and sticks his ride...I LOVE winching those dudes out of their predicament (rolls eyes).

Mentioned meeting you to my wife, and now we are both looking at one another as if to say "don't start talking about it or we'll end up with another vehicle in the back yard"
    05-04-08 12:58 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD