i had to do an insurance claim on my phone because the screen cracked on me . I have 4.5.163 on my berry and also bbm 5.0 along with a few other things. is it possible i plug my old phone and back it up, then plug in the new phone and restore it with all the setting my old phone had? is this possible? Also i don't have Device manager anymore since i bought a new laptop so should i download 4.5 or 4.7?? Once again thanx for your help.
    10-08-09 04:09 PM
    i have an 8310 curve if that matters.
    10-08-09 04:11 PM
    I'd say DM4.6.

First you're going to want to upgrade the new phone to the same version you're running now, then use the Device Switch Wizard in DM. Everything on the old phone should transfer, including apps and settings.
    10-08-09 04:16 PM
    I'd say DM4.6.

First you're going to want to upgrade the new phone to the same version you're running now, then use the Device Switch Wizard in DM. Everything on the old phone should transfer, including apps and settings.
    so i can't clone the software using switch wizard in dm to my new phone? Also how does switch wizard work i've never used this or even heard of it.
    10-08-09 04:37 PM
    I think if you just take the original bb and do device switch it will copy everything including the OS. Just put the old. Bb on the DM and follow the instructions on the device swap wizard. Easy as pie and takes about an hour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 04:42 PM
    As far as I know, it will not copy the OS. Then again, I've never tried it with two phones of the same model.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD