Basically - I think I over use my phone, I have oer 4000 contacts and a heavily used calendar and my phone constantly gets stuck - I have a memory card - alas it is only for pics and documents...HELP!
    06-11-09 06:11 AM
    Wow that many contacts I would upgrade to a device with more internal memory
    06-11-09 06:21 AM
    Do you sync with Outlook? You could have multiple contacts folders and only keep one of them in your phone. Basically, have maybe "family / friends," "business," "stores," etc, and only keep the family / friends in the phone.

Just an idea.
    06-11-09 06:39 AM
    I have just checked my database size for Address Book. My conatcts are using about 0.5 Kb. If that holds constant, 4000 contacts would only occupy 2 Mb of memory.

Options / Status. Menu / Database Sizes.

There is plenty of memory to accomidate them.

You mention your 8830 WE getting stuck. When that happens, is there an error message or do you see the spinning hour glass symbol?

Can you check your File Free memory? Options / Status.

06-11-09 09:15 AM
    I have just checked my database size for Address Book. My conatcts are using about 0.5 Kb. If that holds constant, 4000 contacts would only occupy 2 Mb of memory.

Options / Status. Menu / Database Sizes.

There is plenty of memory to accomidate them.

You mention your 8830 WE getting stuck. When that happens, is there an error message or do you see the spinning hour glass symbol?

Can you check your File Free memory? Options / Status.

Wow, how many contacts do you have anyhow? It might be dependent on hot much info is being stored for each contact also.

I have 54 contacts coming in at just over 56KB. So the OP could possibly have about 4MB or more as I only fill out about 1/3 of the fields for each address. More data might mean a bigger size.

But overall I agree, this shouldn't be too much of an issue unless a lot of memory is being used by 3rd party apps and the calendar.

In fact, just one appointment from work uses almost 10KB for a single calendar entry. If it is used heavily, then who knows how big it will get.
    06-11-09 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD