I have tried to figure this out and haven't been able to....maybe i am missing it!

I would like to give all my work contacts the same ringer, but only certain ones the exception, like to overright the "quiet" ring - (i am assuming that means even it is on quiet, that their ring would be heard). I am kinda clueless on if this can even be done, but something tells me that it can - and if not, i still figured I should ask.

Thanks.
    12-01-09 04:26 PM
    Bump....

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 05:35 AM
    bumping once again....

anyone out there that can help me??

Thanks in advance.
    12-02-09 03:53 PM
    You will have to go into your address book, open it up, press the blackberry button, then click NEW GROUP. After you're done with your group, then go back to the group and assign your ringtone.
    12-07-09 05:39 PM
    Thanks 808Fire. When I make this group it is not allowing me to change the ringer for the group...is that what u meant? Or did u mean to go into the individual contacts and change the ringer?

Thanks.

12-08-09 04:59 AM
    It is not possible to set a ring tone for a group in your Address Book as 808Fire suggested.

But if I understand correctly, you'd like to assign a custom ring tone to all of your work contacts. You'd like calls from certain contacts to trigger the ring tone regardless of the profile you've selected, while phone calls from the rest of your work contacts follow your active profile volume.

If this is the case, you can create 2 "Exceptions" in your advanced profiles settings; one for the contacts whose calls you would like to be able "to overright the 'quiet' ring," and one for the other contacts whose calls aren't as urgent. To do this, go to...

Profiles > Advanced... > click menu (BB button) > New Exception > name the exception (e.g. "Urgent Work Calls") > scroll down to "From:" > click menu > Add Name > select a contact > repeat, if necessary > select a profile under "Use Profile:" (Loud, Normal, etc.) > select a ring tone under "Custom Phone Tune"

Repeat this process for the other portion of your work contacts (using the same ring tone, if you'd like), but leave the "Use Profile:" field set to "Active Profile".

Tried to be as clear as possible. Hope this helps.
    12-08-09 06:10 AM
    Thank you!!! That was EXACTLY what I wanted to do....and you explained it perfectly!!!

12-08-09 06:43 AM
    You're welcome. Happy to be of service.
    12-08-09 07:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD