Is there a reason why my 8300 refuses to send MMS (picture texts)? I have such a great phone and plan but can't send picture messages! Someone help please...

Thanks!
    04-21-08 03:49 PM
    Could you give us some more info about the problem? What steps are you taking that leads to the issue? Do you have an SMS plan? Do you have a data plan? When did you get the phone? Is it new or used?
    04-21-08 03:54 PM
    Yea we need more info if you want us to help you out.

if you got the phone from your carrier, you just have to call them and they will activate it, that's how it works for must of the carriers.

If you did it, it might be because the picture your try to send is to big.. that s i what i think is your problem, ttry with a smaller picture...

Now if you got an unlock phone you need to set up the settings from your carrier to make it work and you might still want to check with them if you have a plan

And to finish, sometime you just have to send to your own number a mms and it will work after for any number you will send...
    Last edited by FaBerry; 04-21-08 at 04:07 PM.
    04-21-08 04:05 PM
    Ive had the phone for almost a year. Its an 8300 and i bought it from cingular. I have sent MMS before, it just started now. I press send and it looks like it is sending, but ends up with a big red X. And it says Failed to Send Message. I tried sending it to myself but still doesnt work. Hope this helps.
    04-21-08 04:18 PM
    First step in troubleshooting is very simple. With your phone, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in. Does this solve the issue?

If no, log into AT&T's BIS web site and resend your service books.
    04-21-08 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD