My boyfriend is on Sprint and wants to finally join the Blackberry world (yay!), but he would rather not pay for a new device. Can I give him my old Verizon 8330 to use on Sprint? If so, will the people at the Sprint store be able to set it up for him?

Thanks!!
    10-03-09 07:36 AM
    Unfortunately, Sprint and VZW do not cross-carry phones on their networks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 08:54 AM
    i thought as long as they're both the same technology�in this case, CDMA�they can be used. why couldn't he use the verizon blackberry on sprint? they're both cdma so why not? i know if one were gsm and one were cdma, then no.

all he has to do is go to sprint's activation page and go from there. this way he can see if it's compatible or not.
    10-03-09 10:19 AM
    They are both CDMA technology but (correct me if I'm wrong) Sprint has to manually add the Curve's ESN to their system and from what I've heard they're not too friendly about adding devices from other carriers.
    10-03-09 10:53 AM
    I had a long discussion with Sprint Corporate Techanalyst, he said bottom line, Sprint will not accept non-Sprint phones because they do not want to accept responsability of a non-Sprint issued device. Outside phones make troubleshooting issues more difficult for their employees and they can not garentee that the devices will work as they are designed. It is possible to have it done, sure, but Sprint will not do it for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 06:24 PM
    OK. Thanks everyone for the help!
    10-04-09 06:23 AM
    He can get the curve for $50 if he signs up for a 2 year plan.
    10-04-09 07:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD