Still new at this and wondering if I can use games or apps that are under the name of "Pocket PC"? I'm not sure what type of operating system to look for with regard to apps for my Blackberry? It seems there are sooo many more available for "Pocket PC"?

Thanks and please forgive my ignorance!

08-03-09 12:33 PM
    Pocket PC usually refers to the Windows OS so, no you're out of luck.

BlackBerry is it's own OS so, just make sure the app is for the BB and it works on your OS version.
    08-03-09 12:34 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply! Do you think they would ever have a "converter" type program that would allow us to use different OSes??? Also, is there a particular extension file to look for? I know they go under the heading of Blackberry Apps, but still curious.

Thanks again!
    08-03-09 12:43 PM
    I doubt we'll ever see a converter in the near future. I'm not saying that it can't be done, it just wouldn't be feasible.

Since there are so many smartphone developers and Operating Systems, the type of device will be mentioned on most application sites / vendors. For example, if you purchase an app from Hanango.com, you'll have to pick the device you're using. The main smartphone OS's are, BlackBerry, iPhone, Android, Palm, Windows Mobile and I'm sure there's others.

Just know what version of the Operating System you have and you should have no problems.
    08-03-09 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD