Allright, here is the scenario.

I was tooling around in the profile options to setup my text message ringtone which is different to my phone call ringtone and in there I saw that I could limit the vibrations and set how loud the ringtone will come on and all that.

After tooling around in there, whenever I've my Curve in the holster, in my pocket and I get a call, the ringtone starts up....and when I unholster it, it shows the Incoming call screen and then restarts the ringtone.

If I'm not mistaken, for the first few calls I got before I messed around in profiles, the ringtone would play continiously...In the holster and when I took it out.

Can this be changed? And if so, how?
    10-13-09 07:02 PM
    Sounds odd...do you put your device in stand by before holstering? Mine stops ringing once I unholster it and the screen comes on..usually. If I get it too quick it have repeated the ringtone but usually once it's out of the holster it stops.
    10-13-09 07:06 PM
    I don't put it in standby and to be honest I don't think I know how to. (Well..I haven't looked it up as yet to be honest). I just make sure I close whatever I was using, carry it to the front screen and shove it into the holster.

I've been calling it over and over on the house phone.

1)It's in the holster when the call comes through.
    2) The ringtone starts up.
    3)I take it out of the holster and the ringtone stops.
    4) It displays the (Incoming message accept or Ignore)
    5) Ringtone tone RESTARTS.

It's a minor foible...but I'd like to get it corrected If I can.
    10-13-09 07:27 PM
    I don't put it in standby and to be honest I don't think I know how to. (Well..I haven't looked it up as yet to be honest). I just make sure I close whatever I was using, carry it to the front screen and shove it into the holster.

I've been calling it over and over on the house phone.

1)It's in the holster when the call comes through.
    2) The ringtone starts up.
    3)I take it out of the holster and the ringtone stops.
    4) It displays the (Incoming message accept or Ignore)
    5) Ringtone tone RESTARTS.

It's a minor foible...but I'd like to get it corrected If I can.

Mine does the same thing. It automatically goes into standby when I put it into the holster due to the sleeper magnet in the holster. When I pull it out, it acts just like yours. I'm used to it now....
    10-13-09 09:41 PM
    I just tested mine and I guess I just never let it go long enough. Mine stops when I pull it out but if I don't answer it, then it vibrates again then rings. I see no ways of changing that except for changing the out of holster ring option to selent but if you leave it out of holster ever that doesn't help you.

If the problem is you don't want it to ring after seeing it's someone you don't want to answer then just hit end.
    10-13-09 10:00 PM
    Well I guess the superficial part of me just wants to hear the ringtone un-interuppted whenever I get a call. You look a prat if you leave it ringing in your pocket just to hear your selected ringtone.

But since I've found out about the standby feature (Holding down mute) When I unholster it rings on through now.

Thanks for the help, mates.

Cheers.
    10-13-09 11:21 PM
    Yeah that always bugged me too, nice to know putting it in standby before holstering it will let it keep ringing. This should be in an FAQ or something.
    10-13-09 11:39 PM
    I know. I'm still tweaking with it in the profile editing. I wish I could eliminate the whole "Holster" thing and have it work like a flip top phone or any other non smart phone.

You get a phone call and it just RINGS regardless until you pick it up, no Holster and Unholster modes. I can't keep my cellphone "Unholstered" in my pocket to **** up the screen.

It's superficial..but still man..It's my phone...and I want to make this a reality.
    10-14-09 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD