I have a file with maybe about 90 pictures in it that I want as wallpaper. Would be much easier if I could just drag those off the laptop (Vista OS) onto the phone.

Or do I need to get a memory card to transfer that file?
    01-20-10 08:31 PM
    Well an SD card would be an extreme benefit for you, any Blackberry user will tell you that. 4GB mini sd card would be sufficient enough for the standard user. Although you can go higher in the Gigabyte realm if the price suits you. In order to get the pictures on to your device you must use the Blackberry Desktop Manager. Load the software on to your pc. If you don't have the cd you can download it for free from here:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com

Just select the PC version or mac version.

Good Luck!

EDIT: Sorry I stand corrected. iMiiTH and godofdeath are correct...sorry for the mislead information
    Last edited by Wuzz Ranger; 01-20-10 at 09:11 PM.
    01-20-10 08:41 PM
    If you have an SD card in it, just plug it in and it will show up as a drive where you can just drag all your pictures off it.
    01-20-10 08:43 PM
    if the sd card is in it
    then yes
    you will be prompt about media something something when you plug it in
    click yes n look at ur screen for autoplay
    01-20-10 08:43 PM
    Thanks, both of you. I'm the newest of the noobs, so I'm learning everything as I go. Yes, a memory card is on my list!
    01-20-10 08:44 PM
    if the sd card is in it
    then yes
    you will be prompt about media something something when you plug it in
    click yes n look at ur screen for autoplay
    Enable Mass Storage: Click Yes. If your computer is bluetooth enabled, you can do it over the air as well, but it's slower. It is a nifty tool to have because your friends will trip when they see it.
    01-20-10 08:51 PM
    FYI:

BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0 Up to 2 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0.81 and later Up to 16 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 and later Up to 32 GB
    01-20-10 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD