Hi all I just picked up my new Curve 8330 and I am hoping that I can get all 400+ contacts off my LG Env and onto the Blackberry with some ease. Please give me some good news ..

Also would you all recommend a newb Blackberry user buy something like Blackberry's for Dummies? I am so lost with this new phone..

Thanks
    08-08-09 12:44 AM
    I'm not sure if blackberry desktop manager can do it but any corporate verizon store or Best Buy Mobile should ne able to do it for you for free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 02:03 AM
    Well I don't really know anything about the Env, but if it has a SIM card you could always just copy your address book to it then when you put it in your Berry simply copy it over, just a thought or like chrisbrennan86 said a store should be able to copy it for you, but I know sometimes they try to charge you for it.

As for getting to you know your BlackBerry, you don't need to buy anything, you've got the greatest tech support right here! There are some links in my signature that are helpful, not to mention there are a TON of useful threads here at Crackberry, welcome to the addiction! You'll discover a lot just by playing with your BlackBerry, that's half the fun anway.
    08-08-09 08:45 AM
    The best way to do this is to get to corp store and have them do it once. Then, sync and back up the phone with Desktop manager software that came with the phone.

If you have MAC - then you will need different software.

Also click on the line newbie link in my signature, this area is awesone to review for new BB users.
    08-08-09 08:55 AM
    i see that you have verizon, go to your local verizon store, they can swap the numbers from your old phone to the new one.
    08-08-09 08:59 AM
    Thanks everyone I got them all in there manually, I should of waited for your replies and headed to VW Store..

Anyhow one other question.. I have my personal email accounts set up but I went through the Blackberry.com website to do this with the VW tech last night. I now am getting all my emails via the blackberry from the blackberry site as the filter has them all forwarded there. But I am getting to many from one of my accounts. I know how to turn off the filter "not" to have them sent to my pnone anmymore but I want to be able to just log in and check my email from my phone. I dont seem to have that set up correctly. Can someone walk me through this?

I have my email icons on my phone those are there, but when I click each account is has "No Messages" listed and I cant seem to figure out how to acces this. On the LG I used Mobile Email which just had me enter my account name and password..

Thanks for the help guys/gals..
    08-09-09 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD