There are much more qualities about the BB that I love.
    It's not just about the internet. The internet is useless for me, although
    if I had it.. I would definitely be on it! =P
    But still, a BB is not pointless without data. There are tons of features about the BB that catch my eye.
    Like what? What else is there that you like about a blackberry?
    12-01-08 08:45 AM
    Like what? What else is there that you like about a blackberry?
    I like the keyboard. And the feel and looks of the BB overall.
    I like the trackball too I've played around with it at the Verizon store, and with my friends. She has T-Mobile, though. But anyways, back to the point. I like the camera too. It's much better then the camera on my Alias. Also, the apps on the BB caught my eye, and how you can download different themes. That's so cool! And I could name much more, but my mind is drawing a black at the moment.
    12-01-08 08:57 AM
    **Blank, not black. Sorry
    12-01-08 08:58 AM
    There are much more qualities about the BB that I love.
    It's not just about the internet. The internet is useless for me, although
    if I had it.. I would definitely be on it! =P
    But still, a BB is not pointless without data. There are tons of features about the BB that catch my eye. I have a perfectly fine Samsung Alias, and I'm eligible for an upgrade with Verizon. The BB caught my eye, as it probably caught yours. Just wanted to ask a simple question to make sure whats on the forums is true. :l
    That was my point. People buy things for different reasons. Don't let these people discourage your from purchasing a phone that YOU like because of what they believe. And yes you can get one from ATT with no data. I don't have data and that is okay with me I have learned that a lot of people on crackberry are very uptight, but I don't let it get to me. Anyway, have a great day!
    12-01-08 09:14 AM
    That was my point. People buy things for different reasons. Don't let these people discourage your from purchasing a phone that YOU like because of what they believe. And yes you can get one from ATT with no data. I don't have data and that is okay with me I have learned that a lot of people on crackberry are very uptight, but I don't let it get to me. Anyway, have a great day!
    Thank you so much!
    And yes, people are very uptight on here.
    I would switch to AT&T, but the service is not to great here.
    Its fine, but Verizon's is just way better. Well, were I live.
    Once again, thank you!

Do you know if there's a data plan that's cheaper that 30$/pay as you go?
    12-01-08 09:26 AM
    Not that I know of with ATT. If u r asking about Verizon, I have no clue. Verizon is the best as far as coverage in my area too, but I had to go with ATT for the price. I haven't dropped any calls, but it's definitely not as good as Verizon was.
    12-01-08 09:33 AM
    If there is a pay as you go plan with Verizon, then I would definitaly use that.
    12-01-08 09:47 AM
    I like the keyboard. And the feel and looks of the BB overall.
    I like the trackball too I've played around with it at the Verizon store, and with my friends. She has T-Mobile, though. But anyways, back to the point. I like the camera too. It's much better then the camera on my Alias. Also, the apps on the BB caught my eye, and how you can download different themes. That's so cool! And I could name much more, but my mind is drawing a black at the moment.
    I understand the beginning part, but good luck getting apps without a data plan.
    12-01-08 10:03 AM
    I understand the beginning part, but good luck getting apps without a data plan.
    You need a data plan to get apps? Ooh, I didn't know that.
    I'm new here. Well, I've made an account in March but I havent been on it. I made it because I wanted to know more about the BB Pearl. But I really like the curve now!
    Thank you though
    12-01-08 04:01 PM
    You can't get applications without a data plan.
    You can't get email, either.
    You can't use any IM programs.
    You can't use Google Maps or the BlackBerry maps.
    And as stated above, you can't browse the internet.
    You won't be able to install themes OTA (over the air) and not all themes have versions that can be installed via the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    12-01-08 05:47 PM
    alishhaxo - simple answer yes if your going verizon you must have a data plan..also keep in mind that most of those cool features your talking about will not work without the data access..the blackberry is a data intensive device and if you didnt have the data plan then your bill would be thru the roof...
    12-01-08 05:48 PM
    VZW will not activate a berry or other smartphone on their pay as you go plans. You must have a contract and data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 05:52 PM
    Calm down. -_-
    Seriously, why do people here on CrackBerry assume their better than anyone else? I did my searching, and I can't ask a simple question just to make sure it was true, without getting these rude and un-necessary replys..
    We don't think we're better. Most "rude" responses you get are from members tired of seeing the same question over and over. If you truely did your research you would have seen most threads on this subject come from the VZW forum where many VZW employees have said you must have a data plan. Don't take it too personally. We have all posted questions that have been asked before. If you see a one sided thread with about 20 posts...there's your answer. When I was new I would PM a genius if I wanted confirmation on something.

12-01-08 06:03 PM
    go to t-mobile, you do NOT need the data plan, you can pay 10 bux extra a month and get wifi calling (free calling to ANYONE over wifi internet). you can browse the net on WiFi, the VZW model does not include wifi. add in myfaves and you'll never use your minutes. i had VZW for over 7 years and got tired of them nickel and diming me. i paid the cancellation fee and LOVE the curve on tmobile.
    12-01-08 06:13 PM
    Thank you everybody .
    I think I might pay for the internet, to you know.. possibly try it out for a month or too. If all goes well, i'll keep paying for data.
    12-01-08 08:04 PM
    Thank you everybody .
    I think I might pay for the internet, to you know.. possibly try it out for a month or too. If all goes well, i'll keep paying for data.
    Not sure if you can just cancel the data.. I would find out about that before you signed anything.

12-01-08 10:07 PM
    Not sure if you can just cancel the data.. I would find out about that before you signed anything.

Aaah no, sorry I worded that wrong.
    I meant I would keep paying for data, as in keep the BB.
    Like, I will try out the BB with the data plan and if all goes well.. I will stick with the BB. Otherwise, I would have to say byebye to my BB.
    12-02-08 03:24 PM
    You will become addicted. I am on my BB posting. Several of us do. Our posts have the wap statement at the bottom of our posts.

12-02-08 03:28 PM
    You will become addicted. I am on my BB posting. Several of us do. Our posts have the wap statement at the bottom of our posts.

I'm already addicted to CrackBerry..and I don't even have a BB!
    Well, at least not yet =)
    12-02-08 04:19 PM
    Aaah no, sorry I worded that wrong.
    I meant I would keep paying for data, as in keep the BB.
    Like, I will try out the BB with the data plan and if all goes well.. I will stick with the BB. Otherwise, I would have to say byebye to my BB.
    I'm sorry but I have been following your thread for a while an I think you need to do some serious thinking about this. If after two months you want to stop using blackberry do you know how much it costs to cancel a plan? Or you will have to switch your phone and now you have wasted money. Not trying to be rude but just something to think about that's all.

12-02-08 05:11 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD