I purchased a new Blackberry Curve 8330 on Saturday January 17th. I absolutely love it and forgot how I ever lived without it but I did have one minor inconvenience. I set up my email so it would be pushed, that was a breeze, but my daily email volume is quite high (between 200-300). I don't want all of these emails to be pushed to my Blackberry, but neither do I want them eliminated completely via a spam blocker. Is there any way to limit what types of emails are sent to my Blackberry, or keep emails from certain sources from being pushed. If its useful information my carrier is Sprint and I have BIS not BES. Any help on this would be really appreciated. And if there is no direct way, can anyone think of an indirect way to limit it?
    01-19-09 03:22 PM
    Use outlook on a computer that is running 24/7 and setup rules to forward only what you want to your BIS email.

But there should be an easier way to do this besides my layman way.

P. S. You could hire that monkey who changes the traffic light to check and forward your email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 03:34 PM
    You can set up filters on an email address through the BIS website. I have set these up for a few different people and it allows them to block messages from specific email addresses or emails that contain specific words/content.
    01-19-09 03:39 PM
    You can set up filters in BIS to forward messeges conditionally, or even to only send headers.

01-19-09 03:39 PM
    Very useful BIS info folks.
    This place is filled w/ knowledgeable people!

01-19-09 06:00 PM
    I have the opposite problem all of a sudden I have lost all of my old emails from my work account, i am still getting new ones, did I do anything? any suggestions?
    01-19-09 06:43 PM
    You can set up filters right on your blackberry.

01-19-09 07:08 PM
    I have the opposite problem all of a sudden I have lost all of my old emails from my work account, i am still getting new ones, did I do anything? any suggestions?
    You probably have your settings set to delete emails after a certain period of time. Go into your messages > menu > options > general options > under 'actions' there is a 'keep messages' option. Double check this setting and set it where you want it. Good luck.
    01-19-09 07:45 PM
    tried that thanks didnt work strange...
    01-19-09 09:04 PM
    How do you set up spam filters right on your Blackberry if you have a Gmail address sending messages to your BB? Thanks for any info.
    02-11-09 11:54 AM
    You have to do it on your BIS website via a computer. You can't do it directly on the device.
    02-11-09 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD