Hey all. I'm using the standard Media Player on my 8320, and when you access that there are five "sections" - Music, Videos, Ring Tones, Pictures and Voice Notes (anybody use this?). I tried to add a sixth folder this morning using both mass storage mode (which I never thought would work) and then using the DM bundled Roxio Media Manager. In both cases I added a folder called "Podcasts" (which contains a 54mb podcast), but when I disconnected the Blackberry and accesed the Media Player, the folder wasn't there. So I re-connected to Media Manager and moved the folder into the "Music" folder. Still no show for the "Podcasts" folder, BUT I can find the Podcast that I'd put in the folder amongst the music files both by name and genre. So it seems that the BB disregards any folders that I make and just uses the media in them. Howevere, although not essential it would be great to just have a seperate visible and accessible folder for podcasts, but can it be done?

Thanks in advance,
    07-29-08 04:45 AM
    I don't think you can. I asked the same question and have tried this myself.

Check out question 5. http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/use-mp3-player-47277/

I'll bet you have been using creative labs mp3 plalyers. They allow this and I can't believe others don't.
    07-29-08 05:20 AM
    I don't think you can. I asked the same question and have tried this myself.

Check out question 5. http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/use-mp3-player-47277/

I'll bet you have been using creative labs mp3 plalyers. They allow this and I can't believe others don't.
    Good eductaed guess that STB, I use a Creative Zen Vision M - I love Creative and it makes me feel good that I'm kicking against the ubiquitous iPods.
    07-29-08 05:34 AM
    Oh, and in your thread that you linked too, Rasp is right that if the Podcast is correctly tagged it's easy to find them via "genre".
    07-29-08 05:38 AM
    Good eductaed guess that STB, I use a Creative Zen Vision M - I love Creative and it makes me feel good that I'm kicking against the ubiquitous iPods.
    Yea, I have been using the Creative Labs Muvo for several years. It's built like a tank, lasts 20 hours on one AAA battery, and is fairly small.

I have tried to dethrown it several times with other low-end non-ipod players. But since I have had my Blackberry, my Muvo has been reliquished to my dresser drawer.

If the Blackberry would work better with folders and had a bookmark feature, it would be perfect for my useage.
    07-29-08 06:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD