My friend owns an LG Voyager and hates it. He has insurance on his phone and is wondering what the policy is if you break your phone and go into the store and ask for a different one. I.e. he "accidentally" breaks his Voyager and wants to replace it with a Curve. Would he just pay the difference?
    08-23-09 06:49 PM
    Nope you will pay the $50 detectable from the insurance company and and they will send you another voyager. If they are not available, then they will send a like device of their choice. The store will not help you and will refer to the insurance company.

Execllent try though.
    08-23-09 06:52 PM
    no, asurion will send you the same model you are putting a claim in for. and you have 10 days to return the original phone or they charge you. they warn you that insurance fraud is a crime.
    08-23-09 07:07 PM
    No, youll get a voyager. Its like "accidentally" wrecking your hyundai expecting a brand new BMW.. ever seen that happen?
    08-23-09 07:10 PM
    No, youll get a voyager. Its like "accidentally" wrecking your hyundai expecting a brand new BMW.. ever seen that happen?
    lol very true.....................
    08-23-09 07:11 PM
    I Just love it when people try and cheat the system. The freakin curve is on 49.99 right now. Add a line or maybe just upgrade early.
    08-23-09 07:58 PM
    More situational ethics? Whatta shame.

As cheap as the Curves are, you could find a nice used one and use it instead of trying to cheat, and you'd feel a lot better in the long run.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 08:02 PM
    i wrecked a dodge and got a BMW
    08-23-09 08:07 PM
    Your friend could probably find a curve for like 100-150 online. Just keep your eyes open.
    08-23-09 08:07 PM
    i wrecked a dodge and got a BMW
    2009 dodge magnum to a 1982 bmw 3 series

not exactly an upgrade now
    08-23-09 08:30 PM
    The policy probably clearly states that it will be the same model or one of equal value. Why do people think it's okay to "interpret" these things?

To the OP: If your friend hates his Voyager, tough. Lesson learned. Hopefully he'll just get a BlackBerry next time.
    08-23-09 09:18 PM
    "your" friend is the reason our rates go up!

Sounds like insurance fraud, can I have "your" friends name so I can "accidently" report you, err I mean "your" friend?
    08-23-09 09:28 PM
    I have a spare curve I will trade your friend for his voyager. Send me an email at [email protected] if he's interested

08-23-09 10:23 PM
    My friend owns an LG Voyager and hates it. He has insurance on his phone and is wondering what the policy is if you break your phone and go into the store and ask for a different one. I.e. he "accidentally" breaks his Voyager and wants to replace it with a Curve. Would he just pay the difference?
    Cant be done hold off til the first yr of contract tnen pay the 150 for the tour!!!

08-24-09 12:45 AM
    I Just love it when people try and cheat the system. The freakin curve is on 49.99 right now. Add a line or maybe just upgrade early.
    honestly I don't feel bad for the system. They cheat you 1000 times over and when you try to take every advantage of what you're paying for you're a cheater?

08-28-09 07:22 AM
    You are paying for insurance incase something accidentally happens. That's why it's not called "upgrade insurance".

Breaking it deliberately to collect insurance on it makes you an unethical (expletive removed). Morons who do that make everybody elses' rates go up.

Hopefully if your friend goes through with it he/she/you gets prosecuted for fraud.

08-28-09 07:33 AM
    insurance? no. warranty swap, its possible. Verizon has a policy in place that in the event of you swapping your phone out x amount of times within a certain period of time (3 or more in 90 days) they swap you into a model that they find comperable. now in this case, if your friend should have it happen within 30 days they would be more inclined to do more for you, now when they look at this and if they will do it they will look at..how long you've been a customer, how much you bill out, what the problems were with the phone. if you whine and complain enough and talk to the right people, they will put you into the blackberry, or they will let you pay the difference in which case would be 50 at the most since it;s 49.99, or they will let you get your upgrade early....trust me, verizon is the easiest to manipulate, now before you people whine about working the system, they work you over twice as hard.
    08-28-09 10:03 AM
    While I agree with most of what Blinky said, squeaky wheel gets the oil and with customer service some of them will do anything to get you to stop calling. It IS unethical to destroy the phone. Why not take the other ethical solutions offered and add a line, get a cheap blackberry and then sell off the voyager and get 30 bucks to spend on apps and stuff for your new (sorry your friends) new BB. Or i'm not sure, but if you find a used VZ blackberry I'm pretty sure you can upgrade your plan before your plan is up. ( I will just go ahead an use this to space to correct all the you, yours, etc to your friends...)
    08-28-09 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD