i want to be able to keep my email settings on silent when im sleeping so i dont wake up when people email me. but the thing is if i get a stock alert from etrade i want my phone to ring only if they email me and no one else. is this possible? just so you all know i got a 8330.
    02-28-09 01:05 AM
    You can set up an exception. Profiles>advanced>menu button>new exception

then name the exception, in the from field pick the contact you want to be alerted from (trackball, add name, select from address book) set the tone and save

I would test it out to make sure its working well before relying on it. Just test an exception from you (send emails from home to bb) and it if works remove your name and add the real contact you want to be alerted from....... just my .02

Good luck
    02-28-09 01:11 AM
    how would i do it if i was being emailed from a website? do i just find out what address there emailing me from and then just name it as a contact and put it in the phonebook?
    Last edited by johnpalley; 02-28-09 at 01:29 AM.
    02-28-09 01:25 AM
    ok so i just created a new profile and i put every single alert on silent and now im gonna see if i can follow your directions and figure this out
    02-28-09 01:36 AM
    Ahh from a site. That might be an issue. I guess if you have an old email from them, if its that same address you can add that to the address book and give it a shot....
    02-28-09 01:43 AM
    Tremortality, i figured it out! thanks for your help
    02-28-09 01:57 AM
    Roger that! Not a problem, glad to help
    02-28-09 02:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD