The best single feature a Palm Treo has for hardcore business schedulers is the ability to use datebk and have floating appts.
    This is the ability to have a "to-do" that shows up everyday until you click the check off box. Something like "Go wash car" or "clean garage" somethng that you want in yourface, and stays there until you do it and check it off.

Any way to do this with BB Calendar? or any 3rd party apps?
    06-19-08 12:39 AM
    there is a tasks icon...i'm sure theres a 3rd party app just don't know what it is..but tasks works
    06-19-08 12:44 AM
    there is a tasks icon...i'm sure theres a 3rd party app just don't know what it is..but tasks works
    Thanks. But the tasks don't show up on the calendar screen. That's what is nice about floating appts. You can assign a "task" for 3pm. And it keeps showing up at 3pm everyday until you do it and check it off.
    It's better then a nagging wife
    06-19-08 12:56 AM
    You could just set a recurring appointment for the time you want and it will show up everyday "in your face" until you cancel it.
    06-19-08 01:01 AM
    You could just set a recurring appointment for the time you want and it will show up everyday "in your face" until you cancel it.
    True, but I want the "IYF" appt to start on a given date in the future. Like, starting next wed, remind me everyday at 3pm to "vacuum car" until I do it.
    06-19-08 01:06 AM
    seems like there would be something.. but maybe not..have you tried to google it??
    06-19-08 01:08 AM
    OK, so set it up that way.

Go to Calender>Menu>New Appt>

Subject: Vacuum Car

Start: Wed, Jun 25, 2008 3:00 PM
    End: Wed, Jun 25, 2008 3:01 PM

Reccurance: Daily

Obviously, substitute the dates and times you need. You can even give it a date to automatically stop recurring if you like, and set up a reminder so that your BB alerts you when it's time to vaccum your car.
    Last edited by Kronk; 06-19-08 at 01:14 AM.
    06-19-08 01:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD