I love the BB's but the software is soooo behind the hardware.
    Specifically, there are 2 things that the Palm Treo with Datebk can do that I'm hoping can be done with BB. Even with 3rd party apps. I haven't found any though.
    1> Floating appointments. You can set a time and date in the future. When the time comes, it rings an alarm. And will repeat daily automatically until you check off the check box. This is good for stuff like "clean the garage". you don't have to do it, but you want it to nag at you daily until you check it off.
    2> Tasks integrated into Calendar - This is almost the same thing as Floating appointments. Basically displays Tasks either integrated into calendar screen, or even display Tasks on homescreen. Maybe a variant of Today theme.

Anyone have any ideas on getting either one of these to work on BB?

Thanks
    07-13-08 10:48 PM
    I love the BB's but the software is soooo behind the hardware.
    Specifically, there are 2 things that the Palm Treo with Datebk can do that I'm hoping can be done with BB. Even with 3rd party apps. I haven't found any though.
    1> Floating appointments. You can set a time and date in the future. When the time comes, it rings an alarm. And will repeat daily automatically until you check off the check box. This is good for stuff like "clean the garage". you don't have to do it, but you want it to nag at you daily until you check it off.
    2> Tasks integrated into Calendar - This is almost the same thing as Floating appointments. Basically displays Tasks either integrated into calendar screen, or even display Tasks on homescreen. Maybe a variant of Today theme.

Anyone have any ideas on getting either one of these to work on BB?

Thanks
    Let me see...

1) The same feature doesn't exist per se, but you can set up a recurring appointment with a reminder. It will "bug" you each day as long as you set it up that way. The blinking indicator light will also go off if set up in your Profiles.

2) Tasks can be set-up to display within the calendar if that's what you mean. Go to your Calendar-->Options-->Show Tasks and set to "Yes".
    07-13-08 11:57 PM
    Let me see...

1) The same feature doesn't exist per se, but you can set up a recurring appointment with a reminder. It will "bug" you each day as long as you set it up that way. The blinking indicator light will also go off if set up in your Profiles.

2) Tasks can be set-up to display within the calendar if that's what you mean. Go to your Calendar-->Options-->Show Tasks and set to "Yes".
    Thanks. So for #1, do you mean to just enter an appt that repeats everyday? I guess that will work but the you'd have to go through quite a few steps to turn it off. Not as easy as a check off box.

And for #2, thanks. I didn't remember that I could do that. I made the setting change but I haven't gotten any tasks to show up on calendar. Any idea why?
    07-14-08 12:21 AM
    Thanks. So for #1, do you mean to just enter an appt that repeats everyday? I guess that will work but the you'd have to go through quite a few steps to turn it off. Not as easy as a check off box.

And for #2, thanks. I didn't remember that I could do that. I made the setting change but I haven't gotten any tasks to show up on calendar. Any idea why?
    1) No, there won't be a check box, but a reminder will pop-up and you can either Dismiss or hit Snooze.

2) Do you have a due date set for your tasks? All my tasks show in the calendar according to the Due Date. That may be the issue. Let me know how it works out.
    07-14-08 12:26 AM
    1) No, there won't be a check box, but a reminder will pop-up and you can either Dismiss or hit Snooze.

2) Do you have a due date set for your tasks? All my tasks show in the calendar according to the Due Date. That may be the issue. Let me know how it works out.
    I set the due date to today and it did appear on my calendar. Is there a way to have this Task show up everyday until I somehow check it off?
    07-14-08 01:42 AM
    When you create the task, you can set the "Recurrence" field to daily, weekly, monthly or yearly.
    07-14-08 02:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD