I have the exact same issue, first time a lens wipe fixed it, but it came back and has not gone away. I guess I am off to buy the tools to open it up!
    06-21-09 10:30 AM
    Used a PHOTOCO lens pen from my camera stuff to poke / clean the lens. I don't know if it reseated HW that had gone awol, or if all it really needed was a cleaning.

Wish it had been working at the concert where it reared its head as useless.

Crossing fingers that it *stays* fixed.
    08-26-09 01:54 AM
    I have also seen this issue if the camera is set to save pics to the memory card and the pins are either messed up or pushed down to far or bad sd card. Those who are taking apart the phones are more than likely resetting the pins when they are doing the rebuild
    08-27-09 12:07 AM
    My mother is having this same problem. After doing the OS upgrade and Batt pull, I decided to investigate some more. I to thought it might be a problem with the memory card (as she is saving media to the SD card). She has a couple pics on the card that she recieved from other people via MMS and only those pictures will open (wich are stored on the SD card). The other pics she has on her phoen (wich she tried to take with the camera on the phone) show that they are 2MB files that only show a little red x on the top left portion of the screen. I do not think it is the memory card at fault.

Also one would assume that cleaning the camera out would not fix a problem with a 2mb file of emptiness! Very strange!
    08-27-09 01:25 PM
    I took the cover and and blew and wiped the lens (must of been a good blow) cause right after that, my camera worked! Thanks!
    12-17-09 04:35 PM
    I had this exact problem this week. Camera would not take pictures, said "memory system full" even though I knew I had more than enough memory. No pictures, ring tones, any of that stuff on my phone. Turns out, as someone suggested earlier, wiping off the camera lens with a tissue and doing a soft reset did the trick. Before, the camera screen was all weird, metallic like. Now its clear as crystal. Thank you community.

Dan
    02-24-10 09:04 AM
    I'm not sure if I'm gonna get in trouble for replying to this months later, but I am so thankful to 10UHC for the idea of cleaning it. It's funny though, because I had just cleaned the lens today, and then it stopped working...but cleaning it again worked so Thanks
    FoXRuN402 likes this.
    07-19-10 10:19 PM
    Well... I have a blackberry curve 8330... My camera does this ALL THE TIME

What i use my camera for.... ( Get Ready Guys )

Blackberry Curve in a body glove zip tied to my dirtbike number plate....

imagine how much crap my pohne collects?

I have gone through 5 housings includes trackball keypad membrane

replaced the LCD (not the glass window) twice

replaced that glass window over a dozen times...

with the ammount of meny ive spent FIXING my phone i could own a better one

but... when my screen goes white... or any of yours

it may be because there is a film built up on the lens that just a cloth wont pick up and remove...

easy fix... turn the phone off and pull your battery....

with the cover off i use canned air and blow out anything that may be in the way on the edges, then using ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL and a CUETIP i dip one end into the alcohol and then I PINCH THE CUETIP to remove excess alcohol and then blow on the cuetip once to evaporate it a little more.... wouldnt want any alcohol touching any contacts upon reboot... but then you just spin the cuetip around in the lens a few times with alcohol... flip the cuetip... dry it off... blam....

WORKS ALL THE TIME .... for me and my buddies.... =)

sorry for the super late reply but my buddie stumbled on this before i showed up to fix the phone... figured i'd register and share some advice =)
    Last edited by FoXRuN402; 09-13-11 at 10:28 PM.
    09-13-11 10:25 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD