My wife has a Curve - she's lovin' it - but one little problem cropped up. The camera stopped working !! Out of the blue one day it just stopped. She gets this error message when she tries to start it: "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again". There are no other applications open !!

Any suggestions?
    08-24-08 08:51 PM
    Hit the alt and back key to see what's running and then with the phone on pull the battery out for 30 seconds and put it back in

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 08:53 PM
    Are the pics saved to a memory card or in the camera?
    08-24-08 08:53 PM
    The apps that are always running are home screen,messages,browser phone, and bb messenger.

08-24-08 08:54 PM
    Only the 'normal' apps are running - nothing else. I tried the battery pull with no joy. There are about 4-5 pictures stored on the device. She does not have a memory card. But according to the status menu there is plenty of memory available.
    08-24-08 08:57 PM
    That memory won't matter. Go to Media then hit Options, you'll see the Media's Device Memory Limit. Mine is set to only 5MB.
    08-24-08 09:06 PM
    Mine is set to 12MB........
    08-24-08 09:09 PM
    I'm having the exact same issue but it has gotten worse. Now instead of the message I get a black screen I can't get rid of with doing a soft reset or battery pull. HELP!!!!!!!!!!! I've closed all apps I can close. Am headed back to device support for a new one? This will be my 4th 8300 if I take it back.

08-24-08 10:10 PM
    I'm getting the exact same error message. Battery pull....Memory set to 12...no other apps running. Any help out there?
    Or do I need to take the phone back....?
    08-25-08 11:22 AM
    Well at least now I know it is not just me!
    08-25-08 11:41 AM
    I had to upgrade the OS on a friends BB which was having the exact the same issue no matter what we tried it just wouldn't come right.

08-25-08 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD