How do I turn the camera sound off when taking pics its makes a sound like a camera? Curve 8330?
    08-03-09 09:27 PM
    They make a program for that. One is pay, one called peek a boo is free. Do a search.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 09:33 PM
    All the apps that silence the camera dont work on CDMA phones if I remember correctly.
    08-03-09 09:36 PM
    Nah, there has to be a flag to turn off in the fon?
    08-03-09 09:36 PM
    Nah, there has to be a flag to turn off in the fon?
    There isn't.
    08-03-09 09:37 PM
    Thats ridiculous, but thanks for letting me know, I guess I will search for this peek a boo app.
    08-03-09 09:39 PM
    Does anybody know if there is a way to get into the OS files and delete the file for the noise?? Kinda like a regular computer where you can change certain noises or delete noises

08-09-09 02:00 PM
    Why does anyone need a blackberry that makes no sound when the camera is used? Perv ????
    09-02-09 09:50 AM
    tngatorfan...sometimes people want to take a picture in a silent environment and that camera click just holds some people back. people don't have to be a perv to want to silence there camera shutter sound.
    09-02-09 09:55 AM
    Agreed with thinkamp....I hold back most of the time if I'm in a store and want to take a pic of a product. I don't pple to think I'm taking pics of them

09-02-09 01:44 PM
    agreed...
    lol..
    but anyway..
    I don't take pic much..
    09-02-09 03:15 PM
    tngatorfan...sometimes people want to take a picture in a silent environment and that camera click just holds some people back. people don't have to be a perv to want to silence there camera shutter sound.
    For courses I take pics of textbook pictures that I can't find online to add to my projects. It is very annoying having the "click" every time in library. Also in meetings when someone is sleeping or dozing I USED to be able to send pictures to them of them sleeping. Now everyone in the meeting turns to look what I took a pic of. (First time I found it couldn't be silenced)
    09-02-09 03:22 PM
    For courses I take pics of textbook pictures that I can't find online to add to my projects. It is very annoying having the "click" every time in library. Also in meetings when someone is sleeping or dozing I USED to be able to send pictures to them of them sleeping. Now everyone in the meeting turns to look what I took a pic of. (First time I found it couldn't be silenced)
    See there ARE many good reasons to be have the shutter sound off!
    Maybe you should look into that app someone was talking about to slience it. That is funny!
    09-02-09 03:39 PM
    Why does anyone need a blackberry that makes no sound when the camera is used? Perv ????
    Kids playing tend to either shy away from a camera or ham it up, so if you try to get candids of your kids, you usually only get 1 or 2. With a quiet camera (especially if it's just a cellphone) you get many more natural shots of your kids.
    09-02-09 03:46 PM
    Here's a trick I learned a while back. I have a CDMA Sprint 8330m, and none of the "silent camera" apps work on my Berry. If you want to take a picture with NO shutter sound for free, here's the trick:

Call your Voicemail, turn the volume all the way down... and snap away. No shutter sound whats-so-ever. Works on all Berries... every time. Voicemail will loop and loop until you disconnect, so you can take as many as you want to without having to call back in.

I personally don't take a TON of pictures that require a silent snap, but there are instances where it comes in handy. This is the easiest most cost effective way I've found. Check it out. Holler back at me if you can't get it to work. Good luck... and happy silent snapping!

-Pointnino
    Last edited by Pointnino; 10-19-10 at 10:55 AM.
    10-19-10 10:44 AM
    I'd didn't completely silence mine but was greatly reduced. Nice tip Pointnino. Thank you for sharing!

Just discovered you can use the mute button and it will make the camera even quieter using the same technique!

Last edited by albee 1; 10-19-10 at 01:52 PM.
    10-19-10 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD