How may I silence the annoying click sound when I take a picture?
    01-28-09 11:02 PM
    There is an app called Berry Annoying that's supposed to get rid of it, but I don't know how well it works. There is no built-in setting to get rid of it, though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 11:07 PM
    YOU. CAN. NOT.

how about that?
    and btw. buddy search before posting a subject that has been talked about a million freaking times!
    01-28-09 11:10 PM
    plus there is new legislation on the horizon that will ban camera phones from being silent. They will all be required to make a shutter noise of some kind to deter those that prey on innocent bystanders in compromised situations. upskirts..locker rooms.. etc.
    01-28-09 11:10 PM
    Wow, that was really uncalled for. Remember we were all newbies once. You're no better than anyone else.

Anyway, check out this link about Berry Annoying:

BerryAnnoying - Get Rid Of The Camera Snapshot Sound | BerryReview.com �

01-28-09 11:15 PM
    Uncalled for? I don't think you were here when the Curve had first came out, it was the exact same treatment I got. But, anyways the search function should be used instead of getting millions of threads of the same thing that has been covered millions of times. A simple search would show that.
    01-28-09 11:17 PM
    Just because people treated you that way means you need to treat others that way?

Since when is that cool?

01-28-09 11:21 PM
    Hahaha! You guys are too funny. Just take the pic and do a cough or something to cover the shutter sound pervert! Jk hahaha!

01-28-09 11:24 PM
    There is a reason why it's there. There isn't a way to get rid of it. I believe that it's a good idea. Too many perv's out in this world.

and as for you Aerophage, what does this have to do anything? I told him (from what i know because i haven't seen a girl ask this) to use a tool on this site to be able to get answers for themselves. Without having to rely on waiting for someone.

Showing results 1 to 37 of 37
    Search took 0.07 seconds.

Searching " shutter sound " so please. End this.
    01-28-09 11:28 PM
    For the record, Berry Annoying seems to work well, but only on GSM phones. For the 8130, 8330, and 8830, it doesn't work and there's no way to turn it off.
    01-29-09 12:20 AM
    mbudden, chill. leave the moderating to the mods.
    01-29-09 12:31 AM
    There is a way to silence it. Create a silend sound file with the same name as the shutter sound, then overwrite it.

01-29-09 05:44 PM
    YOU. CAN. NOT.

how about that?
    and btw. buddy search before posting a subject that has been talked about a million freaking times!
    mbudden..this is not a respectful way to represent this site. We ALL answer the same questions hundreds of times. I for one dont mind doing so. If your annoyed by questions you deem asked too often then dont answer them. Newbies are newbies and will ask questions. Yes searching would be a good start but I can also see the search feature to be a little excessive with posts that vaguely cover the subject. There is a thread about proper titles .....I'm sure you know about it. This makes things hard to search for. Bottom line...leave the modding to the mods.
    01-29-09 05:52 PM
    RIM doesn't allow you to personally change this setting because it is a security feature. It makes noise so that people are aware that you are doing so... No bathroom sneak-peeks or sneaky photo shoots :P

01-29-09 08:32 PM
    This thread is very timely considering Rep. Peter King (R-NY) wants to ban silent cell phone cameras:ABC News: Should Silent Camera Phones Be Illegal?
    01-29-09 08:37 PM
    i read about this quick lil fix on another post call your voicemail then activate the camera and snap away just dont let the pervs in on this secret jk hahaha
    01-29-09 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD