All of a sudden my camera shows everything in greens and reds like a heat-seeker. Video works fine but can't take pictures, they freeze and then show up as 'x' when i view them in the folder. No clue how this happened, any ideas???

Thanks
    12-05-08 01:49 AM
    Try a battery pull and see what happens
    12-05-08 02:12 AM
    How did you get the predator edition phone??? If a battery pull does nothing, use BB desktop software to back up the handheld, wipe it completely, and reinstall. Sounds like a corrupt driver to me. Good luck!
    12-05-08 03:12 AM
    I had this exact same issue a few weeks ago... I searched the forums and others had the same issue... all of us resolved it by taking off the battery door, and blowing out the lens really well...

I actually had to use a very VERY small bit of water on a tissue and wipe off the lens.... it fixed the issue and hasn't happened since...

I know it sounds odd... but it fixed the "heatseeker" issue as well as the "white" picture issue.
    12-05-08 09:02 AM
    I had this exact same issue a few weeks ago... I searched the forums and others had the same issue... all of us resolved it by taking off the battery door, and blowing out the lens really well...

I actually had to use a very VERY small bit of water on a tissue and wipe off the lens.... it fixed the issue and hasn't happened since...

I know it sounds odd... but it fixed the "heatseeker" issue as well as the "white" picture issue.
    Yup, the lens has dirt/oil on it. Take off the cover and wipe it carefully with a soft cloth and it'll be fixed.
    12-05-08 11:55 AM
    woo hoo! thanks everyone -- it must have been oil that was causing it to have the green/red allover... blowing on it and cleaning with a cutip did the trick. at first it cleared then went back to green, guess i hadnt cleaned well enough. but now it seems to be working fine...

i think its cause i switched from the standard blackberry leather case to a silicone skin recently, which doesnt protect the camera lens... thus the dirt/oil must have gotten on it and caused it to do this.

thanks again everyone!
    12-05-08 01:31 PM
    The green spots only stay off for a few minutes then return... Is there a way to clean the lens thoroughly to remove all oil/dust? What is the recommended method and solvent?

Thanks!
    12-06-08 02:28 AM
    Use a micro cloth...or just wet a qtip in some water and then use the other end to wipe it dry.
    12-06-08 03:27 AM
    Yea the wet q-tip is what I have done several times. Doesn't work. Blowing on it clears it for a minute or so. Nothing seems permanent yet.
    12-06-08 05:13 AM
    I've read a few posts where the camera contacts actually become loose.

The repair was to push the camera back in (gently), none reported hearing an audible click so be gentle. T
    Try using a Q-tip or something soft.
    12-06-08 05:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD