Whenever I attempt to open the camera application it says, "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again." The only applications open are the basic ones (Call Log, Browser, Home Screen, etc.) I was just wondering if there is something I am missing here. I bought this phone, and the camera was supposedly working. There were pictures from the previous user, but I am not too sure.

Can anyone help diagnose a broken camera?
    08-08-08 06:19 AM
    I actually just joined this forum for the EXACT SAME ISSUE on my 8330!!! Someone please help?
    08-08-08 06:28 AM
    You could try to reset the phone to make sure all programs are closed. First try alt+shft+del to soft reset, and if that doesn't work pull the battery out, wait 30 seconds, and put it back in.
    08-08-08 07:04 AM
    Its an 8310 Curve and you're using it with T Moble? The 8310 is an AT&T device. Was it a locked phone prior and has since been unlocked?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-08 07:22 AM
    Yeah, it was locked. It was then unlocked, and I purchased it. As for as the soft reset goes, those instructions are doing nothing for me. Common sense told me to pull out the battery, and restart the phone, and I did, well, the camera still doesn't work.

Anyone else have any other ideas?
    08-08-08 10:05 PM
    Ya know, I don't know if this is what may be happening but I have a feeling that it's related to being unlocked. I just unlocked a motorola phone for someone and similar things are happening? The phone can send and revieve calls but some featuers cause the phone to do a reset.

You can try reloading the OS on it, the one for the 8310 using desktop manager. I don't know if that will reset the subsidy code if that is what they use on BBs. That's what I'd consider doing. You might want to try searching info about loading an OS on an unlocked BB before you start. Maybe someone else can give their opinion on that advice.

08-08-08 10:24 PM
    go to your dm and look at applications install sometime you install same application twice or just take your recent application added. remove it and then see should work it did for me.
    08-08-08 10:25 PM
    Mine is now locking up every time i try to use the camera. Would an upgrayedd to 4.5 help?
    08-16-08 02:27 AM
    Either find OS 4.5 or even 4.3 and delete the vendor.xml file in the apploader folder(after you instal the Os on your pc) then open DM and upgrade. It'll fix it and add a video camera. If that doesn't work you need a new phone. Prefeably an 8320. Does the gps work on it?

08-16-08 02:50 AM
    I would think working that correcting the issue out in your current OS would
    be more prudent than moving to another OS, which may
    or may not correct your problem.
    08-16-08 02:53 AM
    I use an unlocked 8310 on T-Mo, as well. GPS works perfectly. It's the best of both worlds. Better service (to me, anyway) on T-Mo with the GPS I needs (vs WiFi).
    08-16-08 05:15 AM
    I would download the OS 4.5 for the 8320 But make sure that the vender file is deleted
    08-16-08 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD