Every time I start my camera I get an error message. "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again." What does this mean? Which apps would I have to close, and how do I close them? Any help would be great. Thanks
    02-26-09 04:18 AM
    If this is something new, while the power is on pull the battery out, wait 30 seconds and replace. That might sort it out.....
    02-26-09 04:28 AM
    It is not a new issue, its been happening for 6 months.
    02-26-09 05:07 AM
    This is for an 8330
    02-26-09 05:08 AM
    I had the same issue. Ended up taking it back to sprint and was given a new phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 11:35 PM
    Overview
    When trying to launch the camera application on the BlackBerry smartphone, the following error message appears:

Could not launch camera application, close other applications and then try again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cause
    This issue may be caused by one of the following:

There are too many open applications on the BlackBerry smartphone.
    There is a physical problem with the integrated camera.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resolution
    Cause 1

There are too many open applications on the BlackBerry smartphone.

There are multiple resolutions for this cause.

Resolution 1

Close all applications on the smartphone. On the BlackBerry smartphone, display the menu and select Close.

Resolution 2

Perform a hard reset on the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB02141. Attempt to open the camera application again.

Resolution 3

Warning: The following procedures will delete either all data, or all data and applications on the BlackBerry smartphone. Back up the data prior to performing the procedure. For instructions, see KB12487.

Run the smartphone through the application loader tool. For instructions, see KB02318 under Application Loader tool.

Cause 2

There is a physical problem with the integrated camera.

Resolution

If all the above have been attempted and the camera application does not open, contact your service provider for further assistance.
    02-28-09 08:10 AM
    Camera suddenly started with this error after 2-3 months. Tried a half dozen fixes found on forums and the only one that worked was:
    Remove battery while phone is on. WAIT for 30 seconds before reinserting and restarting. Hope it works for y'all!
    09-07-09 08:19 PM
    OMG, I should have come here sooner...... I tried the 30 second thing and yay, now my camera works! I didn't know wtf was wrong with it.

Thanks!
    03-20-10 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD