every time I try to start my camera, i get a message that says:

"could not start the camera. close other applications and try opening the camera again."

I have even reloaded my OS, and it still gives me the error. Does anyone know how to fix this? Both the camera and video recorder are not working
    02-03-09 10:56 AM
    Have you tried doing a battery pull then turning your camera on. ?
    02-03-09 10:58 AM
    Hmm... reloaded OS and it still doesn't work? It might be time to contact Verizon for a warranty claim.
    02-03-09 10:59 AM
    Wait, has then been happening since you had the phone, or just started happening.
    02-03-09 11:00 AM
    every time I try to start my camera, i get a message that says:

"could not start the camera. close other applications and try opening the camera again."

I have even reloaded my OS, and it still gives me the error. Does anyone know how to fix this? Both the camera and video recorder are not working
    Do you have a bunch of apps open while trying to start the camera?
    02-03-09 11:01 AM
    Could not launch camera application

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doc ID : KB15544
    Last Modified : 12-02-2008
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment
    BlackBerry� smartphones with integrated camera

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview
    When trying to launch the camera application on the BlackBerry smartphone, the following error message appears:

Could not launch camera application, close other applications and then try again.

Cause
    This issue may be caused by one of the following:

There are too many open applications on the BlackBerry smartphone.
    There is a physical problem with the integrated camera.

Resolution
    Cause 1

There are too many open applications on the BlackBerry smartphone.

There are multiple resolutions for this cause.

Resolution 1

Close all applications on the smartphone. On the BlackBerry smartphone, display the menu and select Close.

Resolution 2

Perform a hard reset on the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB02141. Attempt to open the camera application again.

Resolution 3

Warning: The following procedures will delete either all data, or all data and applications on the BlackBerry smartphone. Back up the data prior to performing the procedure. For instructions, see KB12487.

Run the smartphone through the application loader tool. For instructions, see KB02318 under Application Loader tool.

Cause 2

There is a physical problem with the integrated camera.

Resolution

If all the above have been attempted and the camera application does not open, contact your service provider for further assistance.
    02-03-09 11:03 AM
    i have no other apps open when i get this message. it started happening about two weeks ago. almost like a virus thing. i don't know. still under warranty though.
    02-03-09 11:09 AM
    I would def. do a warranty exchange. ASAP
    02-03-09 11:11 AM
    ok, I can even take it by there at lunch.
    02-03-09 11:12 AM
    A guy in the thread below had the same problem and fixed it with a battery pull.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/camera-problem-151182/
    02-03-09 01:03 PM
    if i only had a dollar for every time i've pulled the battery. went to the verizon store at the mall at lunch, they did a battery pull too. said i could take it to the other verizon store which has the service center and the tech there could look at it. if he couldn't fix it, they would give me a new one. If I called the 800 number for warranty service, they would replace it with a refurbished one.

I'm taking it to the service store tomorrow. thanks.
    02-03-09 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD