Sorry if there is already a thread similar to this, but I'm having a problem with my camera. It used to take pictures fine, and now every time I take a picture and it's trying to save, it will say "File System Error" and there will be a picture of a folder and it says "...Memory/samples/pictures" and it will be unable to save. I tried deleting some pictures, but it doesn't make any extra room. Is it somehow saving to the wrong folder?

Thanks for any help.
    09-15-08 02:54 PM
    Do you have a memory card? If you don't, it could be that you don't have enough room to save the photo onto the device memory. Go to Options > Status. What numbers do you see for File Free?
    09-15-08 02:58 PM
    I actually JUST fixed it after posting this. I was saving my pictures onto the preloaded pictures. Thanks so much for replying, though! :]
    09-15-08 03:00 PM
    lisacakes 72

if you're still out there... i have the exact problem u had but i cannot select another folder. when i click on device memory/samples/pictures to switch to to a proper folder there is no other available option. i know it needs to be saved to device memory/home/user/pictures, but i cannot get to it from any menu.

THANKS to anyone that can help!!!
    02-11-10 06:36 PM
    Me too!! HELP!!!!
    07-06-10 01:41 AM
    Pics really need to be saved to your media card if you have one. With the Camera open select Menu/Options. Scroll down to the bottom and change where pics are stored to Media Card. Folder is Media Card/Blackberry/Pictures. If you do not have a media card you can change your reserve memory for pictures to 5mb, which should give you more room for storage. But this will effect your File Free. It would be a good idea to get 8, or16gig micro sdhc card. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-10 10:26 AM
    I found how to fix this annoying message when trying to save your pictures on your device memory. It has nothing to do with Micro-SD card needed...

Goto Options --> goto memory --> scroll down to "application memory - free space" use the blackberry button and choose format...

do the same with device memory - free space...

After that, you should be able to save your pics...

Hope this helped

--cmlegend
    12-26-10 01:04 PM
    I'm having trouble too. I only have 6 pictures saved and have deleted them all in attempt to try and troubleshoot why no more can be saved myself, but to no luck. There is only one folder it is letting my save it to .../home/user/pictures/ and I don't have a memory card but don't think that is the problem. My Device Memory Limit includes 3 options; 5 MB, 10MB, and 15MB. I have tried saving in each one and it's not working. My Reserved Pictures Memory is set at 2MB, those are the only options I am able to modify. Someone please help this is so0o annoying!
    Thaaaaaaaaaaanks.
    04-17-11 06:23 PM
    I am having trouble saving pictures to my media folder, i am using a blackberry 8530 curve. When I first got my phone, I would take a picture and it would get saved into my media file, and now for some odd reason it wont save in my media file anymore. When I take out my battery and turn my phone back on, I see that the pictures I took are loaded in the media file. But once I start to take more pictures the same thing happens again. I tried deleting photos to see if it was the memory but thats not the case. Anyone else having this issue and can please help me?
    04-19-11 08:40 PM
    I had the same problem, but the hard reset fixed the problem.
    05-10-11 01:40 PM
    HELP ME!

i'ma blackberry 9300 3g user. i have a problem with my camera. idk, but maybe the camera.. before this, i save all my photos in my phone memory because i don't have media card.. it works normally but now, after i capture some pictures, the pictures lost.. except the pictures that i've captured yesterday. after i turn off my phone, remove the battery and turn on my phone back, the lost pictures appears in my pictures gallery.. i thought it's because of my phone memory full but it doesn't... my memory have more empty space.. someone, please help me

i hope you can help me as soon as possible (ASAP). thank you.

nadirazainudin
    MALAYSIA
    07-15-11 02:05 AM
    issues like this generally occur due to a file system error on the device, ideally the devices must be equipped with a flash card to store pictures to minimize these corruptions, if nothing works then backup all your data and wipe the device and Please get a flash card for your device.
    07-15-11 03:09 AM
    A micro SD card is cheap these days, you can pick up a 2 gig for $10 max. Its well worth the cost.

If you insist on saving them to the device memory, turn down the quality of the picture to the smallest size possible.

some of you sound like an OS update is in order also...that might help with the missing pictures until reboot.
    07-15-11 07:55 AM
    HELP ME!

i'ma blackberry 9300 3g user. i have a problem with my camera. idk, but maybe the camera.. before this, i save all my photos in my phone memory because i don't have media card.. it works normally but now, after i capture some pictures, the pictures lost.. except the pictures that i've captured yesterday. after i turn off my phone, remove the battery and turn on my phone back, the lost pictures appears in my pictures gallery.. i thought it's because of my phone memory full but it doesn't... my memory have more empty space.. someone, please help me

i hope you can help me as soon as possible (ASAP). thank you.

nadirazainudin
    MALAYSIA
    hey, not sure if you have fixed this problem, but i had the same problem, go to settings, and then scroll to application memory, press the blackberry button and then repair and do the same with free space 'repair'. it worked for me, hope it works for you if you havent repaired it already!
    09-25-11 04:08 PM
    hey, not sure if you have fixed this problem, but i had the same problem, go to settings, and then scroll to application memory, press the blackberry button and then repair and do the same with free space 'repair'. it worked for me, hope it works for you if you havent repaired it already!
    sorry go to memory in settings and then scroll down to application memory!
    09-25-11 04:09 PM
    Hi guys! This is my first BB and first post as well!

Does anyone knows how to view pictures taken in my camera
    in my Picture Library or Camera Pictures Folder?
    Because at first I thought it is not saving any picture from my camera. But it does, the problem is I can only see the pictures if I explore the Pictures. in "Media Card/Blackberry/Camera" path.

It is supposed to be in the Camera Pictures Folder right?
    How can I change the picture folder location??
    03-01-12 01:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD